Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR Appearance Mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you link to the lights you got? Having trouble finding some of them. I'm doing the same thing but in purple. Have good front footwell and center console lights, but looking for good puddle lights and rear footwell ones (the USB-C rear ones have already been destroyed by my toddler)
They are currently unavailable but here is the link. Good luck!

Reactions: RGE Kevin
I've done several appearance mods to my MYLR and wanted to share them with everyone here. I was going for a sportier look without breaking the bank, and I am happy with how everything turned out. Here is a list of the mods that I have done so far:

Gloss Black vinyl wrap on front spoiler, below fog lights, side view mirrors, and stripe on rear trunk

80% ceramic tint on side and rear glass

Gloss Black front fog light canards (Amazon)

White vinyl wrap on center caps (Ebay seller EVPartsonline)

Black T E S L A letters installed on trunk (Ebay seller EVPartsonline)

Painted frunk Tesla emblem black and de-badged rear trunk emblem and dual motor letters

AOSK rear spoiler (Amazon)

Calipers painted blue, Tesla stickers applied to fronts, and then clearcoated

LED front footwell and puddle light swap (Amazon)
View attachment 679815
View attachment 679809
View attachment 679810
View attachment 679811
View attachment 679812
View attachment 679813
View attachment 679814

Note: Some of those pictures were taken before the calipers had been painted. Let's see who else has made appearance mods to their MY's!
Can you put the link of the rear spoiler you used and stickers you put on the calipers?

Looks good. I do have a couple questions. First are you Tesla letters raised or just Vinyl. Also did you spray or brush the calipers? Not to jack your thread but here is mine. I hated that chrome t on the back looks like it should be on a Corolla IMO. Take care and your car looks great.

Attachments

• A8A86D65-7576-448C-BA97-8A455EA0F632.jpeg
    A8A86D65-7576-448C-BA97-8A455EA0F632.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 439
  • 0424D3F6-7032-4D66-8953-531286B61FB0.jpeg
    0424D3F6-7032-4D66-8953-531286B61FB0.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 380
I have to say I'm really not much of a one for doing this sort of thing; partly because I want to remain as anonymous as possible on the road, and partly because it's just not my thing

Having said that I've always disliked the stupid T thing and your individual letters look way better

so much so in fact that I think that's how they should come from the factory

Reactions: Hahabye
Looks good. I do have a couple questions. First are you Tesla letters raised or just Vinyl. Also did you spray or brush the calipers? Not to jack your thread but here is mine. I hated that chrome t on the back looks like it should be on a Corolla IMO. Take care and your car looks great.
The Tesla letters on my trunk are raised with two sided tape. And I had a local tire shop do my calipers and they sprayed them. Your MY looks sweet, congrats!

looks awesome! are those footwell and puddle lights really that bright? love the T E S L A badging, the white center caps make the rims pop... how do you like the quality of the rear spoiler, been thinking about order the oem style from rpm but its so expensive..

looks awesome! are those footwell and puddle lights really that bright? love the T E S L A badging, the white center caps make the rims pop... how do you like the quality of the rear spoiler, been thinking about order the oem style from rpm but its so expensive..
Thanks a lot! The footwell and puddle lights are bright, but not distractingly so if that makes sense. I barely notice them when I am driving at night. I think they look so bright in the pics because the lights were off in my garage. The rear spoiler quality is fine, no complaints here. And I think I paid around $119 or so versus the OEM spoiler cost which is ridiculous so very happy with the bang for the buck. 👍

I've done several appearance mods to my MYLR and wanted to share them with everyone here. I was going for a sportier look without breaking the bank, and I am happy with how everything turned out. Here is a list of the mods that I have done so far:

Gloss Black vinyl wrap on front spoiler, below fog lights, side view mirrors, and stripe on rear trunk

80% ceramic tint on side and rear glass

Gloss Black front fog light canards (Amazon)

White vinyl wrap on center caps (Ebay seller EVPartsonline)

Black T E S L A letters installed on trunk (Ebay seller EVPartsonline)

Painted frunk Tesla emblem black and de-badged rear trunk emblem and dual motor letters

AOSK rear spoiler (Amazon)

Calipers painted blue, Tesla stickers applied to fronts, and then clearcoated

LED front footwell and puddle light swap (Amazon)
View attachment 679815
View attachment 679809
View attachment 679810
View attachment 679811
View attachment 679812
View attachment 679813
View attachment 679814

Note: Some of those pictures were taken before the calipers had been painted. Let's see who else has made appearance mods to their MY's!
I was going to go with red caliper paint, but you convinced me otherwise! What color blue did you use?

Reactions: boulder.dude