Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR Austin Build Have Matrix Headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I live in Texas and just got my vin and it's from Austin. Are they doing matrix headlights yet? If not, is there any chance that I turn down the vin I'll ever get one from Fremont?
So far no reports of Matrix from Austin. You never know but I'd say pretty good chance they aren't Matrix.
I have seen reports of people turning down Austin VIN and getting Fremont but I don't think they were located in Texas. Probably less likely to get a Fremont VIN if you are in Texas.
Matrix headlights aren't that special. I would never reject a VIN because of the headlight type. I actually prefer the look of the beam from the non-matrix lights and I don't play lightshows for my friends. Tesla doesn't seem to have any motivation to actually program matrix features for those lights as they have been legal in Europe for years and they haven't added any function to them so far.

So far no reports of Matrix from Austin. You never know but I'd say pretty good chance they aren't Matrix.
I have seen reports of people turning down Austin VIN and getting Fremont but I don't think they were located in Texas. Probably less likely to get a Fremont VIN if you are in Texas.
Matrix headlights aren't that special. I would never reject a VIN because of the headlight type. I actually prefer the look of the beam from the non-matrix lights and I don't play lightshows for my friends. Tesla doesn't seem to have any motivation to actually program matrix features for those lights as they have been legal in Europe for years and they haven't added any function to them so far.
I appreciate the quick response. I convinced myself of a performance build so I just switched it over 😕

Would the “delivery advisor” or whatever be able to tell if the car has matrix lights? I have an Austin build vin assigned (on its way to Mt Kisco NY), I’ll cancel if it doesn’t have matrix lights. While it might seem dumb, or trivial , sorry, I want the latest and greatest. The customer is always right.

Picked up my Austin build 10/23 Y LR, these look like Matrix headlights? First image shows a grey spot on the road that would not blind the oncoming driver in opposite direction or lane, the dome light on the outside of the headlight also. What do you guys think, these are the same headlights as my other 23 Y LR from Fremont Jan 23 build.

Attachments

• IMG_0389.jpeg
    IMG_0389.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6948.jpeg
    IMG_6948.jpeg
    434.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6947.jpeg
    IMG_6947.jpeg
    469.6 KB · Views: 27
Picked up my Austin build 10/23 Y LR, these look like Matrix headlights? First image shows a grey spot on the road that would not blind the oncoming driver in opposite direction or lane, the dome light on the outside of the headlight also. What do you guys think, these are the same headlights as my other 23 Y LR from Fremont Jan 23 build.
Those are matrix.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer