Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR Induction Wheel Over Speedbumps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like any other car’s wheel/tire combo as long as you slow down before going over them. As long as you slow down, the suspension is at play more than rubber on the road. I find the new MY comfort suspension handles speed bumps just fine.

I have a 2020 MY with inductions. I would describe the ride as Firm.. Plenty of times I think should I have gotten the 19 wheels. I wanted the look of the induction so that won at order time. Speed bumps really don’t matter, you’re going to want/need to go over them, slowly either wheel. If a Firm ride/road feel is what you want or are accepting to, then induction it is. If you want the better comfort and don’t mind the looks, go with the. 19s.

You’re welcome! 20” Inductions with factory rubber on a ‘23 MYLR.
Hi Scott, did you ever contemplate getting the 19" over the 20" and what made you go with the 20"? I have a '23 on order with the 19" but I really think the 20" looks a lot better. My only concern is ride quality. I'm coming from a 2018 Model 3 with the stock wheels and it's a pretty rough ride and I want to get away from that but the new Model Y has the comfort suspension so maybe it'll be OK? I'd appreciate any insight!

Hi Scott, did you ever contemplate getting the 19" over the 20" and what made you go with the 20"? I have a '23 on order with the 19" but I really think the 20" looks a lot better. My only concern is ride quality. I'm coming from a 2018 Model 3 with the stock wheels and it's a pretty rough ride and I want to get away from that but the new Model Y has the comfort suspension so maybe it'll be OK? I'd appreciate any insight!
I have a 2021 MYLR with 19" tires. Went to test drive another 2021 MYLR tesla with 20" induction. I could not tell the difference. Even drove through rough roads. Felt the same as my 19" rims. Hence, why I am switching to the 20" induction rims =)