Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y oem Tesla sunshade top loose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just Installed oem Tesla sunshade to my model Y and fit is too loose and that shade is 4 inches down from the glass and touching my head while sitting behind. It looks that they made it too big. I will have to return it. Anyone here with same issue?

Thanks

Attachments

• 3D7DBA69-E781-4635-B28E-EBBE08DB2396.jpeg
    3D7DBA69-E781-4635-B28E-EBBE08DB2396.jpeg
    820.2 KB · Views: 352
  • 0878AE18-ECA6-49B3-AD67-03DCF3C66BE0.jpeg
    0878AE18-ECA6-49B3-AD67-03DCF3C66BE0.jpeg
    774.8 KB · Views: 225
I assume the OEM sunshade is similar to the many third-party sunshades out there. If so, this is a well-documented issue - the one-piece sunshades sag in the middle. There are a number of third-parties that recently introduced two-piece sunshades. In my personal experience (having owned both a one-piece and two-piece sunshade), the two-piece sunshades are far superior, as there is no sag in the middle.

I bought the one piece prior to the two piece design. The two piece design is supposed to eliminate the sagging issue. A quick fix for the one piece sun shade is to purchase the magnet suction kit. I have it in my car. The downfall is that during really hot days, the suction can come off the glass but you just have to push it back on to stick.

Reactions: Notadog
I bought this two piece shade and it fits like a glove with no Noticeable sag. When it was delivered I managed to lose one of the clips that hold the two pieces together in the middle. Even without the missing clip the shade fits perfectly.

I contacted the seller telling them I lost one of the clips. They actually sent me a whole new shade with all the clips and did not want the original one returned. That's customer service.

Reactions: teca01
I bought the one piece prior to the two piece design. The two piece design is supposed to eliminate the sagging issue. A quick fix for the one piece sun shade is to purchase the magnet suction kit. I have it in my car. The downfall is that during really hot days, the suction can come off the glass but you just have to push it back on to stick.

I have a few of the magnet suction kits, and rather than deal with them coming loose all the time I just ordered these:

I will probably forget to report back on weather or not they work out :) I have used similar products in the past with good results.

Keith

Reactions: chump408