Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Ordering FAQ - LR RWD is not scheduled for production at this time.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to start a thread to discuss the following that was discovered that had been updated today on the Model Y Ordering Page. Model Y Ordering FAQ

When will Model Y production begin?
We recommend checking the Model Y design studio for your region’s most up-to-date production estimates. Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive is not scheduled for production at this time.
'Not scheduled' is the key word. I just recently called Tesla to make a change on my LR RWD wheels. He made the change right then and there and it showed up on my page with the new price. Asked if I will get the LR RWD even if it's not shown on the order page at present, he said of course including FSD at $6K since that's what it was when I ordered and plopped my $2.5K down. So it looks like Tesla will deliver the LR RWD in due time as I asked when that will be and he couldn't say. Now it would be cool if those of us waiting long enough will get the new batteries??? Hmmmm.

LR AWD Y price just dropped $3000 to $49,990.

For me with a March 2019 order, that would mean $2000 to upgrade RWD to AWD
and optionally $2000 more to pay the new $8000 FSD price rather than old $6000 FSD.

Not sure whether to wait or take the bait?

LR AWD Y price just dropped $3000 to $49,990.

For me with a March 2019 order, that would mean $2000 to upgrade RWD to AWD
and optionally $2000 more to pay the new $8000 FSD price rather than old $6000 FSD.

Not sure whether to wait or take the bait?

I am in your situation, I would be more interested in switching to AWD if I did not also take the new FSD price.
Tesla should have an option to switch to AWD from RWD and keep the old FSD price I think they would be able to move a bunch of cars up for sale earlier.

Reactions: Ken43