Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance : All Terrain Tires and Wheels with no Lift Kit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the rims on, but only using rubber valve stems :( I've sent out a couple emails hoping to find a solution which will work, otherwise I'm thinking some M10 washers?? I'll let you know which way works as the error messages are popping up now telling me pull over hahaha.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-04-16 at 19.56.53.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-04-16 at 19.56.53.jpeg
    254.6 KB · Views: 687
Reactions: DOOLMTR
Got the rims on, but only using rubber valve stems :( I've sent out a couple emails hoping to find a solution which will work, otherwise I'm thinking some M10 washers?? I'll let you know which way works as the error messages are popping up now telling me pull over hahaha.
The Tire shop and Method team were of no help at all. I'm not sure if this is the best way, but it's the way it's working for me. To get this done I placed an 8mm Oring with a 2mm cross section under the TPMS rubber washer, I had run out of 9mm Orings which may have worked better, the 11mm doesn't fit in the seat. Hopefully this will save others time and money that go with this type of rim as they look awesome! I may have to get the wheels rebalanced now, so far they seem fine.

Attachments

• 20230423_122937.jpg
    20230423_122937.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 292
@jcan Were you able to install after market TPMS? I just bought same method wheels and Bluetooth TPMS from Tsportline. Hope they'll fit?

The Tire shop and Method team were of no help at all. I'm not sure if this is the best way, but it's the way it's working for me. To get this done I placed an 8mm Oring with a 2mm cross section under the TPMS rubber washer, I had run out of 9mm Orings which may have worked better, the 11mm doesn't fit in the seat. Hopefully this will save others time and money that go with this type of rim as they look awesome! I may have to get the wheels rebalanced now, so far they seem fine

I installed the OEM tpms sensors on my MYP 23 built mid Feb. Let me know if the aftermarket fit directly on with no problems and don't forget about the pics. I've just received the lift kit but waiting for install. What Tires do you think you'll run with?

I installed the OEM tpms sensors on my MYP 23 built mid Feb. Let me know if the aftermarket fit directly on with no problems and don't forget about the pics. I've just received the lift kit but waiting for install. What Tires do you think you'll run with?
Yes, those after market one fit perfectly. I'm getting my lift kit this week too but now wondering about the range hit :) ...getting around 200 miles with 18" AT tires

Anyone have photos of a 245/60r18 setup without a lift? I’ve heard mixed things with this setup around rubbing. I’m mostly looking at getting a set of 18” Aeros to mount them in and expect with an 8.5” wide wheel and the factory Tesla offset it should be ok, but would love to hear some real world experience before I pull the trigger on $1k+ worth of tires. I’m looking more at an all weather tire like Cross Climates, the new Pirelli All Weather, or possibly the Nokian Outpost APT so nothing too chunky (which I suspect will also help with clearance).

Anyone have photos of a 245/60r18 setup without a lift? I’ve heard mixed things with this setup around rubbing. I’m mostly looking at getting a set of 18” Aeros to mount them in and expect with an 8.5” wide wheel and the factory Tesla offset it should be ok, but would love to hear some real world experience before I pull the trigger on $1k+ worth of tires. I’m looking more at an all weather tire like Cross Climates, the new Pirelli All Weather, or possibly the Nokian Outpost APT so nothing too chunky (which I suspect will also help with clearance).
Oops I meant 235/60r18 - not 245.

2021 MYP on stock suspension.
707 | Matte Black18x8.5 | 5x4.5 | offset 38mm / backspace 6.2"
235/65R18 Nitto Nomad Grappler
I have very little patience for rubbing or noises. These rubbed less than a mil of material from the driver side wheel well, but did it silently. See photos.
*Note: Despite what it looks like in the head-on image, the wheels/tires do not protrude out from the wheel arch, I'd judge that they result in about stock/oem net-offset with relation to the wheel arch.
*Note: If the tire shop places the wheel weights in just wrong spot, then they will lightly strike the caliper in the rear on each rotation.

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg
IMG_1132.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MYPMando405
2021 MYP on stock suspension.
707 | Matte Black18x8.5 | 5x4.5 | offset 38mm / backspace 6.2"
235/65R18 Nitto Nomad Grappler
I have very little patience for rubbing or noises. These rubbed less than a mil of material from the driver side wheel well, but did it silently. See photos.
*Note: Despite what it looks like in the head-on image, the wheels/tires do not protrude out from the wheel arch, I'd judge that they result in about stock/oem net-offset with relation to the wheel arch.
*Note: If the tire shop places the wheel weights in just wrong spot, then they will lightly strike the caliper in the rear on each rotation.

View attachment 982075
Thank you for posting this! Just ordered these 707 methods, easily the best looking wheel for overland. Was going to go with the new highland model 3 wheels or og aeros from a 3, but can't get them from any dealers, just wanted the range with aero covers, but may 3d print or cnc my own. In the end, this costs the same, and they're more rugged wheels. Keep in mind, I think they need a hub ring (64.1 - 73.1), but that's $15 buck on Amazon. All in 2.1k with TPMS and mounting.

Thank you for posting this! Just ordered these 707 methods, easily the best looking wheel for overland. Was going to go with the new highland model 3 wheels or og aeros from a 3, but can't get them from any dealers, just wanted the range with aero covers, but may 3d print or cnc my own. In the end, this costs the same, and they're more rugged wheels. Keep in mind, I think they need a hub ring (64.1 - 73.1), but that's $15 buck on Amazon. All in 2.1k with TPMS and mounting.
Got any pics yet?

Got any pics yet?
Well the 707's ended up being out of stock. So went with powder coated 750kg model 3 wheels (make sure it's not the 700kg ones). I do have a 2023 MYP and I have had zero rubbing with 245/60/18s. I even have the aero covers new from tesla on the vehicle. Will post a pic soon. I think these M3 wheels are the best route. The vehicle is at least 5x's quieter and you barely notice any bumps.

Reactions: MYPMando405