Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked my app today to find a Fremont VIN for my Red MYP which has been on order since Nov 12, 2021
It had been on HOLD, so I thought it odd that I didn't get an email notification unless it's coming on Mon (tomorrow).

The EDD was 17 to 31 May, which could have put me in a bind, inasmuch as I will be in Thailand from 12 -20 May.

The SA at the local dealer had "no mercy" and told me that if I don't pick it up within three days of arrival, the vehicle would be given to the next person in line. I said, but this will be my 7th Tesla. Her response was, "So".

Hmmm. You wait seven months, while Tesla adjusts the EDD multiple times, and then, when it arrives you lose it if you can't pick it up in three days. And no, you can't pay for it in advance to hold it, I already asked. You cannot pay until 48 hours before picking it up.

Chicken *sugar*!

1652056877565.png

Lesson: When they drop the bomb on you that your car is in, you had better hustle down to get it!

Thank goodness the notice on the app today, which includes the VIN, has a new narrower EDD of 23-27 May, after I return from Thailand.
I just hope the car wasn't produced on Friday afternoon!! o_O

Last edited:
Just received a text from Tesla about getting a non-obligatory trade-in offer associated with our MYP purchase. We let them know that we don't have anything to trade-in so hopefully our MYP purchase will progress expeditiously with a VIN assignment soon :cool:.

Reactions: jebinc