Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance- Factory Lowered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to buy a used Model Y Pro and I have seen 2020 models with the 19" Gemini rims. Are all Model Y Pros factory lowered compared to the LR and the rare SR models? I live in CA and you must see a hundred driving around just going to the market but I have never seen a Pro with 19" rims. Also exactly how much lower are the Pros as some I see are obviously stock but some seem lower than others. Did the lowering height change on certain years and models of the Y? Thanks.

2020 MYP.jpg

Performance, not Pro.

Early Model Y as well as earlier Model 3 were available in Performance without the Performance Upgrade Package (PUP) which included the lowered suspension, bigger wheels, red brake calipers, and spoiler. So visually they look the same as LR but has same motors and power Performance. Some people call them “stealth performance” models.

Upvote 0
here is my Performance
I am looking to buy a used Model Y Pro and I have seen 2020 models with the 19" Gemini rims. Are all Model Y Pros factory lowered compared to the LR and the rare SR models? I live in CA and you must see a hundred driving around just going to the market but I have never seen a Pro with 19" rims. Also exactly how much lower are the Pros as some I see are obviously stock but some seem lower than others. Did the lowering height change on certain years and models of the Y? Thanks.

View attachment 971062

My 2023 Performance Err PRO on aftermarket 18's no lift or lowering stock performance suspension. It seems there are actually a lot of options wheel and tire size wise. It opened up more options when Tesla made the rear brakes on the Performance Model the same as the Long Range.
I think on the 23 models there is only about 1/2" drop on the Performance Model.

Attachments

• Model Y performance   18's     Nokian  255-55-18.jpg
    Model Y performance 18's Nokian 255-55-18.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Upvote 0