Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All-

I’m considering the Model Y performance over the long range with 20” wheels as it’s only 3k more and the delivery date is a lot sooner. My only concern is the 21” wheels and how long the tires will last with normal driving as they are expensive tires. I’m not going to be launching car at every traffic light and I do mostly highway miles. Just as a reference my Silverado does 50k miles on the tires and they still have a bit more to go. Also does the performance use air bag suspension and long range spring and shock? Thanks
I have a new MYP with 21’ I looking to buy a set of 19’s to use on my long trips and leave the 21’ for show 😲🤷🏻‍♂️😂🤣

Same On the Y P
I much prefer the ride quality on 18" wheels and 255-55 tires during this winter.
I may start looking for some summer tires to order up before spring and have them ready to swap onto the 18" wheels.

I drive in Chill mode 24/7. It's been on that setting since day one of having the Y. It still faster than 90% of the cars on the road, not that going fast is that important.
Same here, but I do take advantage of the kickdown option in the Teslogic app on absolutely necessary occasions... Hopefully doing it this way will help me stretch these factory shoes out as long as possible...