Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Price increased $1,000 tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Truly appreciating asset 👍

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 11.51.05 AM.png

• Funny
Reactions: Sw3rv3c1ty
So thankful for this board as I put money down when the price was $50,990 back in April and placed my order on hold to lock in the price. I only wish I did it sooner when it was $48,990.
Depending on when you received the car, you may actually get lucky.. I ordered 4/13 and received my MY on 5/27.. There is a bill in congress (the only one of the tax credit bills that made it out of committee) and it's retroactive for cars delivered 5/24 and after. If that bill passes, I would get $7500 in tax credit for my MY. I paid $50490 base price plus $2k for white seats and tow hitch...

Depending on when you received the car, you may actually get lucky.. I ordered 4/13 and received my MY on 5/27.. There is a bill in congress (the only one of the tax credit bills that made it out of committee) and it's retroactive for cars delivered 5/24 and after. If that bill passes, I would get $7500 in tax credit for my MY. I paid $50490 base price plus $2k for white seats and tow hitch...
What is the other criteria to receive the credit other than the 5/24 delivery date?

What is the other criteria to receive the credit other than the 5/24 delivery date?
I don't think that there is any other criteria.. However, the bill has not moved since it passed the committee..

I believe that you have to have at least $7500 tax liability for the year to get the tax credit.. However, I don't expect it to pass but if it did, that would be awesome..

Page 30 of the bill mentions that it's retroactive to May 24..

The latest price increase for the Long Range Model makes the Performance Model Y that much more compelling. Especially if you are planning to get the Long Range Model Y with the 20" Induction wheels ($2000) and add the acceleration boost upgrade ($2,000) after purchase. For only $3000 more you get more power and performance. Delivery times for the Long Range Model Y are not currently listed; 7 to 11 weeks for the Performance Model Y.
I locked in a MYLR at the last price increase, but this makes me look at the MYP even more. 👀👀👀

52,990 if I remember correctly but it had no order fee. This is from an order placed at the end of Jan/2021, when it was still to refund the ($2,500) order fee.
1627069839296.png

This is what I got on Tuesday (7/20) for the same configuration (I cancelled the one above beginning of last year) so it went up by 100 (by the new order fee) for my situation. Feels great I (barely) dodged the 1K increased happend last night.
1627069911652.png

Does anyone know what was the starting price of the MYLR when it came out?
According to the Internet Archive, the first available order page for the MY was from March 15, 2019, and the price was $51,000 for the LR Dual Motor. At the time, they had a LR RWD that was $47,000.

I'm pleased to announce that this is my 1,000th post! Some of them have even been helpful. :cool: