Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Purchased in Dec 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Tesla is planning to provide Park Assist for these models?
That's the plan. See its official statement:

But don't quote me "when."

Boston, I also took delivery of 2023 MYLR on Dec 31, 2022 when they had their good deal of $7,500 off + 10K SC miles. Who would have thunk it that 13 days later they'd lower the base price by $13,700...been salty about that for a couple of months.

My car also does not have USS. My question is what role, if any, did USS have in Collision Assist and Emergency Brake Assist? I was driving on a military installation in the morning darkness at 45mph (no street lights either) on TACC and unbeknownst to me base security had placed orange heavy plastic barriers in the roadway. Luckily I had a glimmer of something in the road and braked hard to avoid the first barrier and swerve around the others. The car did not detect the objects in the road, did not provide a collision assist alert, nor conduct emergency braking. I realize that Tesla does state that not all of the mentioned safety features will engage on every instance, yet it still is disconcerting when driving such a technologically advanced car. If the USS been available in the 2023, could the sensors have provided the expected safety engagements? Were USS only active for park assist, auto park, summon, etc or did they an input for collision assist and emergency braking?

There have been leaks regarding upcoming TeslaVision updates for Models 3 & Y without USS this week. I hope it happens soon as I feel that I purchased a car that is not as safe or as capable as the 2022 model which was OBTW devalued by the company two weeks after purchase.

Enjoy your new car. Go Yankees!