Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. I have a quick question if somebody can please help me. I ordered my wife a model Y a few weeks ago, and they just called me telling me that the car is ready, but I’ve been hearing that the new batteries are going to be in the model Y soon. From what I have read online, the Model Y has a 2170 battery in it right now, but I’ve read the 4680 will be replacing it soon? Is this true by any chance. I would like to know since I need to tell them if I want the delivery or not. I am also in California if that says anything. Thanks so much for all your time

Hey everyone. I have a quick question if somebody can please help me. I ordered my wife a model Y a few weeks ago, and they just called me telling me that the car is ready, but I’ve been hearing that the new batteries are going to be in the model Y soon. From what I have read online, the Model Y has a 2170 battery in it right now, but I’ve read the 4680 will be replacing it soon? Is this true by any chance. I would like to know since I need to tell them if I want the delivery or not. I am also in California if that says anything. Thanks so much for all your time
Rumors. From what I read, they will be coming out latter half of ‘22.

Upvote 0