Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential Model Y Owner.... some questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

We checked out a Model Y recently and quite liked it as our next family hauler. I have some questions:

- Should I order through the sales center or online? Any advantage with the former? Sales guy seemed very nice and not pushy.
- With the RWD LFP version, I read the Chinese made ones are better than the US made ones in terms of build quality.
- We also quite like the refreshed Model 3. Any news on when MY Juniper to drop? We can wait a few months as we are not in a rush.

thank you.

Hi All,

We checked out a Model Y recently and quite liked it as our next family hauler. I have some questions:

- Should I order through the sales center or online? Any advantage with the former? Sales guy seemed very nice and not pushy.
- With the RWD LFP version, I read the Chinese made ones are better than the US made ones in terms of build quality.
- We also quite like the refreshed Model 3. Any news on when MY Juniper to drop? We can wait a few months as we are not in a rush.

thank you.

If you order at Sales Center, you WILL order online, just as you would at home.

You don't have the option of choosing the factory that your vehicle is manufactured in. And I think that many Canadian vehicles are coming from China at this point.
I don't that there are many, if any differences between factories. For the biggest majority of buyers, they are quite happy with all factory builds.
Yes, you read on the Internet of all sorts of build issues. Pick any other vehicle and go look at their forums, it's a common problem. People generally don't publish good stories on the Internet, they only want to vent.

Model Y refresh is years away. I think that the last comment was 2026.

Reactions: Technokrat
1) Doesn't really matter. If you know someone with a Tesla, get them to refer you.

2) I'm pretty sure that the MY are all coming from the US now. You can check inventory and play around with filters here: Canada Tesla New Model Y inventory

3) No one knows. Many had predicted that the new M3 wasn't coming out til 2024 or later and Tesla revealed it in 2023. My guess is within the next year or two and that it will share a lot of common parts with the new M3