Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Rear Liftgate Sunshade - now available in Tesla shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Comparison shots

Attachments

• 854626AA-8C8F-4A82-BDFD-E8537AFE53B9.jpeg
    854626AA-8C8F-4A82-BDFD-E8537AFE53B9.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 74
  • D0009E3D-0DAC-4EEF-8ED3-D13E6CDCA057.jpeg
    D0009E3D-0DAC-4EEF-8ED3-D13E6CDCA057.jpeg
    376.8 KB · Views: 59
Do you only put the trunk shade on in certain situations or do you have it on all the time now that it’s summer and hot? Also, do you have the trunk glass tinted or no? Thanks!
No extra tint on the trunk glass. I have it on all the time mainly because it was quite expensive for what it is and the wife would be upset if I just stopped using it. She already has a couple of Tesla sub trunk sized bins that I repurposed for use in her car.

I drove around earlier without the screen and it was a night and day difference. So there is a possibility the screen may get misplaced in the garage one day after a carwash.

No extra tint on the trunk glass. I have it on all the time mainly because it was quite expensive for what it is and the wife would be upset if I just stopped using it. She already has a couple of Tesla sub trunk sized bins that I repurposed for use in her car.

I drove around earlier without the screen and it was a night and day difference. So there is a possibility the screen may get misplaced in the garage one day after a carwash.
Thanks for your response. I was thinking I would only use it when I have the dog in the trunk which is seldom. Ended up buying this one since the Tesla one is out of stock.

Thanks for your response. I was thinking I would only use it when I have the dog in the trunk which is seldom. Ended up buying this one since the Tesla one is out of stock.
Good find. From the pictures it looks like the same as the Tesla branded one. I use two clips only. One on each side of the third stop light and rely on tension to hold the sides plus rear edge.

Reactions: Mod Y Guy