Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Rear Window Shade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are people using as a sunshade on the rear windows for babies in the back seat?

Haven’t been able to find anything custom for the MY frameless rear window. (And don’t want to use any of the shades that pop off when you open the door.)

I put tint over the factory dark glass and a roof sunshade.
I tried those stick on sunshades from Amazon for the side windows, but it didn't work so well with the window slightly opening when you opened the door.
The tint does an ok job at blocking the sun, but not as good as a sunshade.

I put tint over the factory dark glass and a roof sunshade.
I tried those stick on sunshades from Amazon for the side windows, but it didn't work so well with the window slightly opening when you opened the door.
The tint does an ok job at blocking the sun, but not as good as a sunshade.
Yeah, that’s definitely an option. So far nothing I’ve found seems ideal.

I use the stick on (Kinder Fluff) sun screens when needed. I put them on the south side windows when driving long distances or if parked for a few hours.
Put them near the top and when the window opens a bit when you open the door, usually no issues.
It helps on real sunny days. You can also use them on the glass roof during peak hours.

I use the stick on (Kinder Fluff) sun screens when needed. I put them on the south side windows when driving long distances or if parked for a few hours.
Put them near the top and when the window opens a bit when you open the door, usually no issues.
It helps on real sunny days. You can also use them on the glass roof during peak hours.
Those could be a decent option. Was really hoping for something that would fit the entire window, but that might not be possible.
Just really want to avoid the random ray of light getting through and hitting your baby’s eyes.
I’ve seen the “window socks” but don’t think those are ideal either.
I’ve also seen a Diono stick-on solution. Perhaps that could be cut to fit.

Good luck! I've posted a few times looking for options and still haven't found something that fits the window. The 'one size fits all' options just don't work with the shape of the rear windows. Being frameless doesn't help either, options are limited.

Good luck! I've posted a few times looking for options and still haven't found something that fits the window. The 'one size fits all' options just don't work with the shape of the rear windows. Being frameless doesn't help either, options are limited.
Definitely not a lot of options. I’m going to give this a go:
It’s a limo window tint that I’ll cut to fit the window and has a static cling application.

I just got some from AliExpress for Model 3, should work for Y too.

Reactions: Velcade