Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y replacement windshield issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Schulz1983

Model Y LR AWD: Matte PPF, Vossen HF-1
May 14, 2021
High Ridge MO
I had my Model Y at the service center today to get the front windshield replaced. Picked it up and noticed the headliner was dirty and out of alignment. We popped all the clips back in and I’m in the process of cleaning the headliner now. Ok actually upset the windshield is sticking out above the top glass. There is a noticeable gap and if I’m wiping the car down top to front I can now catch the windshield and weather stripping. Has anyone else noticed this on their Y? My windshield was perfectly aligned when I took it in.
934A4A5F-B161-458D-98AC-08D5423923E6.jpeg
110DBBE6-4664-4FEE-94A8-DD608DD2D7BA.jpeg

Take it back, and keep taking it back until someone helps you. I had my Y in for a rattle literally 6 times before they got sick of me and brought in The Wolf. No more rattle. Annoy them until they fix it :)
They currently have my Y. Round 2 of replacing the windshield. Should get it back today. Service guy said it is night and day better than last time. I will say my service adviser has been amazing to deal with. Keeps in touch on a regular basis and I always know what the status of my vehicle is.