Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y reveal 3/14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Besides the fundamental questions like power, range, battery and # of motors offered... I hope the Y shares a similar HVAC system to the 3, as well as single screen simplicity.
And the rear hatch hopefully comes with a power open AND close option!
And dare we ask for CCS or Chademo compatibility?

Reactions: McFlurri
I will consider switching my Model S for the Y. Of course, I'll have to look at the details to decide - lots of variables in my mind right now. 10% extra capacity than the Model 3 doesn't sound like much, but if it's got a hatch that makes it far more useful than the M3 in my books.

In my thinking it absolutely has to have a hatch. Targeting mid-size SUV’s. No hatch, no sales. SUV’s are the fastest growing automotive sector in NA.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
In my thinking it absolutely has to have a hatch. Targeting mid-size SUV’s. No hatch, no sales. SUV’s are the fastest growing automotive sector in NA.
I don't think Tesla would be that stupid to not put a hatch in the model Y. In fact, they should have make the trunk of the model 3 a hatch because it sure looks like one from outside.

Hatched model 3 would destroy the Model S sales. It already has since they're now dropping prices left and right on the S and X. I smell a refresh soon.
Agreed but I still love to have a hatch in my model 3! :)

It sounds like Tesla is really cash strapped with the recent news - $35k model 3, launching model Y, lower prices for AP/FSD. A refresh on model S and X would boost sales for sure!

Agreed but I still love to have a hatch in my model 3! :)

It sounds like Tesla is really cash strapped with the recent news - $35k model 3, launching model Y, lower prices for AP/FSD. A refresh on model S and X would boost sales for sure!
I tend to agree, started when they upped the pricing on the superchargers and now going to an online only type of purchase.
A lot of belt tightening going on.

Belt tightening may be.

The way I see it, Tesla is trying to flood the EV market with everything they got.

What do u like to get, cheap, here is Standard range M3. By the way, you can get AP + FSR at 50% off. Oh, you don't like Sedan, here is Model Y. etc...

I think they are trying to reach a critical mass. To be honest, I didn't even test drive any Tesla. I order it online, and I only see a human being when I took delivery. Now, they said you can

As for service, they are mobile, they come to your place to do it. Why, cheap. No Bay to build, if they need to service more vehicles, they simply hire more mobile technicans. They don't have to build more bays. Of course, for complicated issue, you do have to bring it in.

Just like spare tires, we don't have it anymore, why carry extra weight when we may need it once in a blue moon. Just provide spare tires to those Tire shops and they can come and get yours repaired.

To me, it's called "Think outside the box".

Reactions: Vawlkus and Tz00
Hatched model 3 would destroy the Model S sales. It already has since they're now dropping prices left and right on the S and X. I smell a refresh soon.

I hope Tesla does something for the S and X. It's been nicely updated over the years, but it's getting to the point where there's little incentive to spend more for a bit more space. Personally, I'd like the Y at this point just because the thought of any damage to the S or X is a long, drawn out and expensive process. Combine that with drivers out there are getting far more aggressive and dangerous. I've come close to accidents where I've clearly got the green light and someone turning right into my direction is pushing to get in despite that cars are still traveling around 50kph. I'm glad Tesla has made a dashcam feature available on newer cars - wish I had it on mine.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck