Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y SR RWD available to order for $56,290

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who the f$^&k is BJCanadaMax? what an idiot. I thought we were done with this type of BS argument

Note: I travel (or should say traveled due to COVID) every month between Ottawa and Toronto for work, I do it on a single charge in summer (hwy7) and a brief 15 minute pit stop in winter (via 401 - although now with Peterborough and Perth chargers I may use 7 in winter)

I'm going to delay/cancel my delivery until they figure this out.

SR Y can qualify a number of ways. Definitely low hanging fruit.
The limits set by iZEV are extraordinarily specific and arbitrary.

"7 Seater must have base MSRP below $55k and a final price below $60k."

It's like somebody was aiming this program at a very specific, single car model. What other vehicle falls into this narrow window with 7 seats?

Reactions: McFlurri
"7 Seater must have base MSRP below $55k and a final price below $60k."

It's like somebody was aiming this program at a very specific, single car model. What other vehicle falls into this narrow window with 7 seats?
This is the "Chrysler Pacifica" clause. The only plug-in hybrid made in Canada.

Who the f$^&k is BJCanadaMax? what an idiot. I thought we were done with this type of BS argument

Note: I travel (or should say traveled due to COVID) every month between Ottawa and Toronto for work, I do it on a single charge in summer (hwy7) and a brief 15 minute pit stop in winter (via 401 - although now with Peterborough and Perth chargers I may use 7 in winter)
Round trip is around 800 km. You do need to charge up in between.

I don't think any of my cars are lemons. They are just typical Tesla vehicles that are poorly manufactured. Not sure if you understand that or not. YMMV is Your Mileage May Vary. Some owners have never experienced any issues with build quality, some have, so it really depends. I don't quite understand your logic of having to concentrate on work. Do you think I just wait at the Tesla service centers while my car gets repaired? It's inconvenient for sure, but I don't think I'll be losing my job if I had to take my car in for service...

We have had no unplanned repair needs so far ( 30K km ) & the one visit was to do a brake service, tire rotation & HW3 update which took 3 hrs. Declined the loaner car as my wife picked me up. Oakville SC has been beyond helpful. No panel gaps, had the car paint protected early on & since we charge at home, probably spent a total of 4-5 hours at a Supercharger on trips. Ours may be an exception; just providing a counter to say that not 'all' Teslas are 'typically' poorly manufactured.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vawlkus and Cripps
We have had no unplanned repair needs so far ( 30K km ) & the one visit was to do a brake service, tire rotation & HW3 update which took 3 hrs. Declined the loaner car as my wife picked me up. Oakville SC has been beyond helpful. No panel gaps, had the car paint protected early on & since we charge at home, probably spent a total of 4-5 hours at a Supercharger on trips. Ours may be an exception; just providing a counter to say that not 'all' Teslas are 'typically' poorly manufactured.
It's skewed towards "poorly manufactured" because people that got those cars typically like to whine about it :) while owners like you rarely share a smooth experience because it's really nothing special when it comes to buying and owning a car.

Reactions: Falkirk and Vawlkus