Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Making the switch from rwd model 3 to the new model Y rwd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Policies change over time so nobody can tell you for sure. Best to contact Tesla and ask. I doubt you’d lose your deposit.
Thanks for the reply, got in contact with a sales rep at my local showroom, they said they would be able to do it but they’ll have to leave a note for the supervisor so they’ll update me the next day (today). Turns out that they can’t change it, i have to manually cancel and create a new order :(

That stinks. I wonder if it's because it's from one vehicle to another.

I had an order in for a MY5 seater and my EDD was pushed way out to Aug. (ordered in Mar and was originally late June).

My sales advisor moved my reservation and deposit to an otherwise identical 7 seater that is incoming to a different location. Are you nearby your home location? I wonder if going in, in person would get you a different result.

Reactions: Esan na
That stinks. I wonder if it's because it's from one vehicle to another.

I had an order in for a MY5 seater and my EDD was pushed way out to Aug. (ordered in Mar and was originally late June).

My sales advisor moved my reservation and deposit to an otherwise identical 7 seater that is incoming to a different location. Are you nearby your home location? I wonder if going in, in person would get you a different result.
Well technically I did speak to a sales rep at the local showroom before I ordered my model 3. I was then able to get into contact with her through text. I made another visit to the dealership the day the new model Y was released, as I was gonna do an overnight test drive and she asked me if I was interested in switching to the new model y. At the time I didn’t make a decision so later on I texted her to make the switch, and then I received the unfortunate news.