Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Summon with Key Fob?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I saw a cool video of someone using their key fob to do basic summon with their key fob on a Model S. I looked the method up and it is supposed to work with a Model 3 or Y as well. I have EAP. I cannot get it to work. I have all the settings correct and have followed directions to the letter. Anyone get their Model Y or 3 to do this? Any hints as to why mine isn’t working? I even changed the battery in the fob. Thanks.

Yes. I can do it with my phone without issue. I don’t necessarily NEED to do it with my key fob but it’s frustrating that it can be done and I can’t figure out why I can’t make it work with the fob.
OK, good to know. A few more things to check are...

1) Disable the option Require Continuous press within the car at Controls > Autopilot > Customize Summon > Require Continuous Press.
2) Make sure you have a fresh battery in the key fob. Summon may not operate if the key fob battery is low.

More detail here...

OK, good to know. A few more things to check are...

1) Disable the option Require Continuous press within the car at Controls > Autopilot > Customize Summon > Require Continuous Press.
2) Make sure you have a fresh battery in the key fob. Summon may not operate if the key fob battery is low.

More detail here...

I have done both. New battery and continuous press was disabled. Still not working. Very annoying and strange.

We can use the fob for summon on both of our 2020 MYLR's.

OP: When you hold down the top button, do you let go of it when you see the lights flash? That was my problem at first. I would keep the button depressed too long and the summon would time out.

Another thing I've noticed...once you've invoked summon with the fob, you need to just momentarily push either the front or back button. If you push and hold the button, that will cancel the summon.

My Model 3 was having the issue with summon not working with the FOB. Did a reboot of the car and all is fine now.
I will try that.
We can use the fob for summon on both of our 2020 MYLR's.

OP: When you hold down the top button, do you let go of it when you see the lights flash? That was my problem at first. I would keep the button depressed too long and the summon would time out.

Another thing I've noticed...once you've invoked summon with the fob, you need to just momentarily push either the front or back button. If you push and hold the button, that will cancel the summon.
I’m going to try rebooting and then trying the fob summon again. I think I’m doing the procedure correctly though and not holding the top button too long and only clicking the front or rear buttons. Thanks for responding though. I appreciate it.