Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Tailgate Paintless Dent Repair result

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this was discussed before and I even saw a similar dent posted by someone and most discussions was can't be fixed or impossible with paintless method but I took a leap of faith to get a minor parking lot incident repaired. Tesla Certified Bodyshop wanted 6K at one place to replace the whole tailgate and another place also Tesla certified wanted 4K. Multiple paintless dent repair place turned me down but I found a guy on Youtube called PCH Dent Repair in San Diego willing to do it and he sent me multiple videos of similar dent and also has some good customer reviews. I did have to drive like 4+ hours to get to him and it took him all day to fix the dent. But here's the before and after result thought I shared it with everyone. He already warned me ahead of time it will be around 90% won't be 100% but at least it's better than 4K and having to wait multiple months due to schedule delays. Before: 20230719_115547 (1).jpg After 20230725_175213.jpg

But of course, if you do decide to take the leap, do it at your own risk lol. I'm not suggesting anyone to do it, just sharing my experience. And always get multiple quotes.

I know this was discussed before and I even saw a similar dent posted by someone and most discussions was can't be fixed or impossible with paintless method but I took a leap of faith to get a minor parking lot incident repaired. Tesla Certified Bodyshop wanted 6K at one place to replace the whole tailgate and another place also Tesla certified wanted 4K. Multiple paintless dent repair place turned me down but I found a guy on Youtube called PCH Dent Repair in San Diego willing to do it and he sent me multiple videos of similar dent and also has some good customer reviews. I did have to drive like 4+ hours to get to him and it took him all day to fix the dent. But here's the before and after result thought I shared it with everyone. He already warned me ahead of time it will be around 90% won't be 100% but at least it's better than 4K and having to wait multiple months due to schedule delays. Before: View attachment 959640 After View attachment 959636

But of course, if you do decide to take the leap, do it at your own risk lol. I'm not suggesting anyone to do it, just sharing my experience. And always get multiple quotes.

WoW that is impressive for a non repaint.

Some paintless techs like this one really have a Gift.

My Y has a couple factory blems.

I fixed the hood "T" dimple myself and later after getting the car home found a dimple in the left roof rail. With the multi coat polys I don't trust Tesla not to make it far worse trying to repair and blend, Plus the Factory did a great job of laying the paint on.

Congrats on a successful Paintless repair, IMO You chose wisely.

WoW that is impressive for a non repaint.

Some paintless techs like this one really have a Gift.

My Y has a couple factory blems.

I fixed the hood "T" dimple myself and later after getting the car home found a dimple in the left roof rail. With the multi coat polys I don't trust Tesla not to make it far worse trying to repair and blend, Plus the Factory did a great job of laying the paint on.

Congrats on a successful Paintless repair, IMO You chose wisely.
Thanks. I was skeptical too but he got it done and I've almost given up after 5 or 6 places turned me down. But for sure the guy said that tailgate crease area towards the end are the most difficult part as there are two metals fused together for reinforcement with very little room in that gap for repair. So I can imagine why a lot of paintless place won't do it.