Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Tesla direct Personal Contract Hire going to be available and good?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on the verge of hitting the final order button for my reserved Model Y, but I'm kind of wondering if I should wait and see what the personal contract hire option direct from Tesla is?
On the Model 3 you can do it straight with them and not go to a 3rd party and I'd hoped to do this for my Model Y when ordering opened up properly last week, but only PCP and Tesla Loan are real options, there is just an empty drop down in the PCH option.

Anyone heard anything about this coming available...or even if it is worth waiting for?

If not, any recommendation for the best 3rd party contract hire deals/service at the moment?

Cheers,
Kieran

Not sure why it still isn’t available but I would have thought it will be available at some point soon. All I can recommend is looking at the M3 lease cost from Tesla and someone like Vanarama to compare - and expect a similar difference for the MY.

Thanks, that's a good idea. I've done a quick comparison and if you're ordering a base spec model of some kind without options, you can get cheaper from 3rd parties. If however you start choosing options, like a different colour or autopilot, the 3rd parties seem to more or less make you pay the whole price of the option during your lease compared to Tesla. So for instance when adding red paint on a 4 year deal it added £41 per month with Vanarama. However Tesla on the Model 3 only added £28 a month for the same option. So pretty huge difference. I think I'm going to wait and see!

the 3rd parties seem to more or less make you pay the whole price of the option during your lease compared to Tesla.
Yeah most companies treat all the upgrades as adding no value to the resale value of the vehicle so you pay the full cost during your lease term. Surprised Tesla don't do this as their trade-in quotes against Teslas don't add any value either to those options.

Similar response sadly!! “Website should be updated soon”

Doesn’t really help as my trade in valuation expires on Sunday! Guess I just pay the £100 and hope the PCH option is available come delivery…

Just got this from them via email:Thanks for your email regarding your order.
Currently, we do not have a timeline for the Personal Contract Hire to go live on the Model Y. If you are looking to take delivery of your new vehicle in the coming months, then you will have to look at personal contract hire via a third-party supplier.

If you any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out.

Kind regards,

Michael

UK Sales and Delivery
E. [email protected]

Disappointing but thanks for following up, Kierans! Any idea if any third parties take part exchange? I am new to PCH, usually do PCP but I don't want that option with Tesla as I would never purchase due to the ever moving tech landscape.

Hi Slydog,

I was looking at a similar thing and ended up signing a MY lease with Zen, as that seemed to be the best deal at the time.

I'm sure you've looked, but rather than p/x, I used WBAC which gave us a great price with the crazy used market at the moment.

Good luck with your choice!

Thanks captain C!! Nice work on your order, I have also seen Zen as the best deal so looking at that ! Thanks, yes spoken with WBAC and Motorway...just a timing thing really as I don't want to be without a car...I think I just need to crack on and order it and then sell to one of those guys at the right time!!

Thanks for the advice and good luck with the delivery!