Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Trunk lid not lining up with glass top

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8EDBA7BE-FD75-4321-AB83-ED5FA465F2CB.jpeg

I walked out my car and found this. The trunk hatch no longer is lined up with the glass. There is no damage and it is aligned everywhere else. Is this something with the shock? Tesla is saying it is not covered as it is an alignment issue. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Solution
I have had this car for almost two years and was fine. This is something new. So is it possible for the the hatch to slip?
Check the hinge bolts. They came painted from the factory. If you see the sign of paint stripping near the bolts and mating surface, that means the hinge slipped for some reason.
The rear hatch has two hinges that connects your rear hatch to the car. Each hinge has two bolts. you loosen those bolts on the passenger side and push it up slightly upward and test again and repeat the process until you reach the desired height.

By the way, you should have caught this during your delivery inspection.

Upvote 0
The rear hatch has two hinges that connects your rear hatch to the car. Each hinge has two bolts. you loosen those bolts on the passenger side and push it up slightly upward and test again and repeat the process until you reach the desired height.

By the way, you should have caught this during your delivery inspection.
I have had this car for almost two years and was fine. This is something new. So is it possible for the the hatch to slip?

Upvote 0