Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The time is soon coming to change tyres, if I am lucky I will be getting 12000 miles from the OEM Hankook’s.
Has anyone changed and to what? I don’t mind swapping brands as long as they are suitable and hopefully last longer than 12k.

I thought I was going to have to change at least one of mine after less than 7k miles due to a puncture last week, but fortunately my local tyre shop was able to repair it. Still plenty of tread so fingers crossed for plenty more miles.

I have just had my MOT (4yr old) on my M3 sr and the set of types I have on still have 5mm tread on them and have covered 35k miles!

The oem Michelin covered 30k before i needed to change them.

vredestein quatrac pro

Worth a look.

Ps I don't drive stupidly. And mainly motorway and duel carriageways.

Reactions: guru1
Try the Pirelli Scorpion SF2 - better than CC2 spec wise and fit the 19" rim better. I've put 19s on my MYP and all good.
1000003471.jpg

Reactions: Lord Farquad
What’s the ride/noise like compared to the stock Hankook’s?
Not Hankooks on the MYP so sorry, can't really say. The all seasons will typically be a little bit noisier than the OEM summer tyres but not really an issue for me. The 19s are much more practical than the 21" OEMs I find and I don't panic every time I hit a dodgy road surface.

Reactions: Utumno
Has anyone tried the Michelin Pilot Sport 5? I'm worried about 2 things:

1. They're rated for cars, not SUVs
2. How much will the alloys protrude

EDIT: I see that the Michelin Pilot EV is now available in 255/45/19 104W XL - https://www.tyrelabelling.eu/EU/2020-740/en/251261_fcs_en.pdf & MICHELIN PILOT SPORT EV ACOUSTIC T0 255/45 R19 104W | ATS Euromaster
Michelin reps have suggested ice tires, within reason, are fine

tire size pretty much defines bulge. Tread width can vary. 255 would offer 5mm more rash protection, less than 1/4”. Prolly not enough.