Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Windscreen Replacement Cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless there is someone on here who has had a new windscreen, creating a service request is your best bet.

Based on the costs for this in the U.S. I'd say you're probably looking at around £1.5k though, so go through insurance.

Model 3 Dec 2022. Hit by a small stone about 3" from top of windscreen. It the cracked to the top edge and then crept down about a foot. Connected to insurance web site, which asked was it an accident claim or windscreen problem. Clicked on windscreen and was redirected to Autoglass web site. Input car registration and was given appointment in 8 days. Crack was hidden by the rear view mirror from the drivers side and so out of line of sight. Could continue driving. Screen changed by Autoglass which took about 4 hours to allow glue to set. Cameras recalibrated by Autoglass. £75 excess plus £49 for new wiper blades (my choice). Very efficient and no problems.

Attachments

• Windscreen.jpg
    Windscreen.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: SR-Plus
Model 3 Dec 2022. Hit by a small stone about 3" from top of windscreen. It the cracked to the top edge and then crept down about a foot. Connected to insurance web site, which asked was it an accident claim or windscreen problem. Clicked on windscreen and was redirected to Autoglass web site. Input car registration and was given appointment in 8 days. Crack was hidden by the rear view mirror from the drivers side and so out of line of sight. Could continue driving. Screen changed by Autoglass which took about 4 hours to allow glue to set. Cameras recalibrated by Autoglass. £75 excess plus £49 for new wiper blades (my choice). Very efficient and no problems.
£50 for wipers is robbery. You can buy the same blades for half that and they take seconds to fit