Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windscreen replacement cost!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You don't understand how the cameras and calibration works. But by all means think your car is the stupid one. That's your choice.
Please explain. As an electrical and control engineer with 40 years of implementing Control Systems, I will await your detailed explanation. I love to learn, I have been wrong more times than I can count. Please educate me exactly how someone from a glass company is manually adjusting my camera alignment. If you need to include some figures for idiots like me, please include them.

Please explain. As an electrical and control engineer with 40 years of implementing Control Systems, I will await your detailed explanation. I love to learn, I have been wrong more times than I can count. Please educate me exactly how someone from a glass company is manually adjusting my camera alignment. If you need to include some figures for idiots like me, please include them.
Why don't you just look in the Tesla service manual?

The quote was over £3k, this will be an insurance job but can’t help wondering how they arrived at the figure, for what is 3-5h work?
During the Great Glass Shortage of 2022 I ended up getting mine done by Tesla and then claiming back off my insurance.
The cost was £760 (I just found the invoice) and they did it in a couple of hours.
£3k seems like an absolute pisstake for just a windscreen replacement.

• Informative
Reactions: Pink Duck
I put in a 360 camera system on my RV from RVS. it came with multiple targets that were pretty easy to use. It made it pretty easy to stitch all the videos together. For some reason, I still don’t have a 360 view from my model 3
IMG_1658.jpeg