Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model YP 2022, Front Windows (Driver & Passenger) Closed Position

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

I recently got a 2022 Model Y Performance. I don't remember if the driver and passenger windows when [fully] closed looked like this [picture]. Please see the pictures, is it normal to see this gap, it appears to be not fully closed into the top like the rear windows. I am wondering if I need to contact the service or not. I appreciate your guidance.

Thank you!

IMG_4577.jpeg
IMG_4576.jpeg

Same thing here. Home appointment didn't fix anything. In fact, all 4 windows slide down 1/2 inch after opening/closing doors. Check the outside temperature, mine is doing it when it's around freezing or below. Tesla claims it's normal-windows are sliding few mm down so they don't get frozen into the tracks. If true seems to be bad engineering, as my Audi doesn't do that and neither car with frameless windows I owned. Also, they claimed that windows will move all the way up when driving. Judging by the level of the wind noise I doubt it's true. When the outside temperature is above 45 all windows operate normally. Trying to adjust windows by opening/closing/holding the switch will nor fix anything.

PS I have a service appointment, but most likely will cancel it- pointless

Reactions: shoemakj
Upvote 0
Same thing here. Home appointment didn't fix anything. In fact, all 4 windows slide down 1/2 inch after opening/closing doors. Check the outside temperature, mine is doing it when it's around freezing or below. Tesla claims it's normal-windows are sliding few mm down so they don't get frozen into the tracks. If true seems to be bad engineering, as my Audi doesn't do that and neither car with frameless windows I owned. Also, they claimed that windows will move all the way up when driving. Judging by the level of the wind noise I doubt it's true. When the outside temperature is above 45 all windows operate normally. Trying to adjust windows by opening/closing/holding the switch will nor fix anything.

PS I have a service appointment, but most likely will cancel it- pointless
Thank you for the reply, vexige. Yes, I have an Audi too, and it doesn't seem to be an issue. It looks like this is a Tesla "feature" I am not comfortable with it yet. I didn't know it closes all the way up when driving. I wonder if this would cause issues when it rains and the car is parked outside! I have a mobile service for garage door opener installation; I will check with the person during the appointment.

Upvote 0
Ah, I realized after posting my comment yours is rolled down. That sounds like the light at the bottom of the door may of come unplugged. Else I would think you'd need to step thru the window calibration Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla

I had a gap on my drivers side back door window glass more left creating a gap on the right side of the window compared to the passenger side. So I had to pop off the door panel, pull to rubber plugs and loosen some 10mm bolts that hold the track for the glass. I was able to nudge it left about a 1/4" so it was in correct alignment.

Reactions: 87v1q8riNK
Upvote 0