Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modern spare delays - if you are ordering a new M3 and want one - order EARLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title says, if you are planning to order a spare from Modern Spare for your freshly minted Model 3, you should get a jump on it. I ordered on 6/2 and still do not have a ship date yet. Had I known of the delays, I would have ordered earlier and likely I would have ordered at the same time I placed my order for the car since I submitted my order early in the quarter and I’m in the US. Just a head’s up for new owners.

Shoot, I ordered Modern Spare back in early May, I'm still waiting. But it's not just them, I ordered the sunshade from Covercraft back in May also and it now says estimated shipping in August. It was estimated June, then pushed to July, and a couple of weeks ago pushed to August. Literally it seems a ton of stuff backordered.

I have had one on order since June also. Originally was supposed to ship early August. I keep contacting them and getting different reasons why it is delayed. Shipment is coming in, shipment was held by customs, etc. They keep telling me one more week. I found a similar thread from a Camaro forum in 2018 where someone's order took months. Maybe they show on their website one month out but in reality they wait until they get X orders then make a bulk order to China which then takes awhile to receive???