Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full size spare questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know but a valid concern, that I too share, as it will hinder range.
Only actual blowout (not a slow leak) I’ve ever (40+ years of driving) had was on a BMW where the inside of the rear tires had worn down to the steel belts and I never noticed it.

Long trips I toss in a battery inflator and a plug kit. I did use the plug kit once - was at home and didn’t really need to - leak was very slow. Couldn’t get any tire shop to touch the tire after that.

Now I visually inspect the tires 1st of the month.

I guess the most important thing is to always begin the trip with good tires, PSI a little firmer than normal. I replace tires well before the wear bars appear, mostly because I've been living in TX heat for the last 9 years, which is brutal on tires and batteries.

AtlTesly: I'm guessing you're in GA. Where will you be traveling?

I guess the most important thing is to always begin the trip with good tires, PSI a little firmer than normal. I replace tires well before the wear bars appear, mostly because I've been living in TX heat for the last 9 years, which is brutal on tires and batteries.

AtlTesly: I'm guessing you're in GA. Where will you be traveling?
Tires have 3200 miles at 41 PSI. Going to Texas. I like being thorough. This gives me peace of mind that if a tire issue happens I can swap and keep moving quickly. No worries about waiting by the side of the road, if it’s dark, rainy, etc. or checking into a hotel overnight.