Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modifying app features?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The app allows one to unlock it, to turn on the fan, and to open the frunk (my 911 had such a thing; didn't call it anything but 'trunk') from the first page seen when opening the app. If one then goes to 'controls', then one has more things one can do. We use the actual trunk nearly all the time.

It'd be nice if one could swap the frunk's and the trunk's controls' positions so the trunk could be opened from that first page, but it is unlikely to be a feature a user could modify. Who might one have a word with to make such a suggestion for an app modification?

I think the idea was that since you can only open the frunk via a software command, it should be made as easy to get to as possible. The trunk can be opened manually.

BTW if you get a fob your inquiry will be moot - both the frunk and trunk can be opened with it, and without fumbling with your phone either.

Can't speak to iPhone app, but if on Android both front and rear trunk are accessible from the pull-down notification drawer.

Screenshot_20200104-210324.png

• Helpful
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I think the idea was that since you can only open the frunk via a software command, it should be made as easy to get to as possible. The trunk can be opened manually.

BTW if you get a fob your inquiry will be moot - both the frunk and trunk can be opened with it, and without fumbling with your phone either.

True, the trunk can be opened manually, and I concede it ain't hard (and I have yet to put anything into the frunk). As to a fob? I don't think so. Costs too much, and I have been happy divesting myself of keys (I sold the Porsche and traded in the VW to pay for the Tesla, so I need carry only a house key and a key for the wife's Subaru). I concede this is truly a First World Problem I have posed. :)

.....I concede this is truly a First World Problem I have posed. :)
With Stats app/iPhone or Apple Watch......"Hey Siri open the trunk". Now that is a first world solution. :D

Can't speak to iPhone app, but if on Android both front and rear trunk are accessible from the pull-down notification drawer.....

Just the frunk on the iPhone.

IMG_3009.jpeg

Last edited: