Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Monroe, WA Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At 3:30pm today, March 1, 2019, a motorcycle pulls into the stall next to me. Plenty of parking spaces all around but, I guess he wanted to Supercharge.

The lady in the midnight silver model S (someone of obvious intellect and refined taste) on the other side of the motorcycle told me that a few days earlier, several pick-up trucks blocked the superchargers so Tesla's couldn't use them.

Blocking of superchargers is becoming popular. Here in Washington, at Dan's Market in Leavenworth, superchargers are routinely blocked by other vehicles Every time I've been to Dan's, there were plenty of other spaces available.

The funny part of all this: the most common vehicle I see blocking electric charging stations is a filthy (never washed filthy) Subaru hatchback with the all the standard bumper stickers. Figure that one out.

The pick-up truck situation is a different story than the motorcycles and various other idgets who take up supercharger stalls. This is blatant aggression that may take a bad turn.

As someone recently mentioned on another site, it's worth speaking to the store manager about this. If businesses want to allow this unsafe situation to go unchecked, they should know that Tesla owners will take their trade elsewhere. They probably don't want to be known as a dangerous place to shop.

Attachments

• Bike_Front.jpg
    Bike_Front.jpg
    747.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Bike_Rear.jpg
    Bike_Rear.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 48
With the motorcycle, I'll give a minor counterpoint that could defend him a little bit. See that other yellow line down the middle of the spot? At my workplace, the parking spaces intended for motorcycles have those extra yellow lines down the middle to divide them into half-spaces since motorcycles don't need full width spaces like a car would.

In this case, I'm sure it was leftover from how the spaces were marked before the Supercharger was put in, and they just didn't get around to grinding that paint off the erroneous line like they should have. But as a motorcyclist, if you see paint-marked half spaces in a parking lot, that always indicates motorcycle parking. And that would be considered more courteous to use the half spaces than to take up a whole space that a car could use.