Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More FSD Beta 11.3.3 Adventures: Construction, Traffic Cones & Parking Lot Short-Cuts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Do we start giving the software creativity points for re-routing? It certainly doesn’t get many performance points, except that it did follow the traffic cone re-route.

All it had to do was just keep going and move back into the right lane after the construction site.

It did a pretty good job maneuvering thru the small parking lot and into the narrow driveway. It's a shame the alley was a little too narrow for the planned right turn. If it had made it, the vehicle would have been heading in the right direction (parallel to the original planned route).

• Funny
Reactions: Silicon Desert
That was entertaining. Seems like a couple of my recent experiences. I have no idea what the car was planning or why.

Oh and if you think that was bad, a couple weeks ago we were headed out I80 East from the Gigafactory with a destination plugged in for the Naval Air Station via another stop. Due to some strange construction, we had to take a detour which it handled ok, but then started its own plan of where I should go. I let my curiosity get the best of me, so I let it do its thing as a fun ride. I ended up at a dead end near the "Mustang Ranch". Yea, in case you don't know what that is, it's a house of prostitution !!! The wife looks at me and laughs.... saying, "is this Elon's ideas of humor?"j

But wait, there is more. About 3 years ago, we asked the car to take us to one of the local horse ranches and it wanted to take us to the same place again ! What is it with the car wanting to visit Wh..e houses? :rolleyes:

That was entertaining. Seems like a couple of my recent experiences. I have no idea what the car was planning or why.

Oh and if you think that was bad, a couple weeks ago we were headed out I80 East from the Gigafactory with a destination plugged in for the Naval Air Station via another stop. Due to some strange construction, we had to take a detour which it handled ok, but then started its own plan of where I should go. I let my curiosity get the best of me, so I let it do its thing as a fun ride. I ended up at a dead end near the "Mustang Ranch". Yea, in case you don't know what that is, it's a house of prostitution !!! The wife looks at me and laughs.... saying, "is this Elon's ideas of humor?"j

But wait, there is more. About 3 years ago, we asked the car to take us to one of the local horse ranches and it wanted to take us to the same place again ! What is it with the car wanting to visit Wh..e houses? :rolleyes:
Some history: supposedly, in 2017, Autopilot used Google Maps, and on 101 in Northern California, Autopilot (because of Google Maps directions) would take one off the planned route & wander thru the wine country instead. We experienced this.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert