Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More FUD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The article is not so bad, a bit conservative, but realistic. Its the comments that follow that show those that don't get it. But this is absolutely predictable and is the reason that Tesla exists. They are out to change paradigms and not many will want to be a part of that. That role belongs to early adopters and fast followers, not the masses.

I expect FUD to increase as we get closer to the first deliveries of the Model 3 (2018?). After March (2016), it will be articles describing how the Model 3 can't be built, will be junk, too expensive, and unsafe. Then the expert reviews and customer stories will come out and make fools of them. I believe these writers see the writing on the wall and know that this is their last chance to make fun of electric, "toys for the rich".

In summary, this means Tesla's master plan is working, and those in opposition are desperate to fight it.

In summary, this means Tesla's master plan is working, and those in opposition are desperate to fight it.

It is definitely working. Look at how many EV's are soon to be built. Most major manufacturers either have an EV in the works or is planning on building one in the future. None of them will be as good as a Tesla but there will be other choices available. With that demand, even for plug-in hybrids, there will be the need for more and more batteries. That will drive more battery improvement which will allow more EV to be built. You can feel the momentum building. The Model 3 will be the shot heard round the world. A realistic mass market EV without compromises will take us to the next level. I expect that by 2020 there will be serious talk of Gigafactory 2 which will build the next generation of battery after the Model 3 battery. By then competitors will be trying to build their own battery factories to compete.

The key factor here is the car will shut up the naysayers. They will continue to cry their FUD but it is always the car itself that proves them wrong.