Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Elon harming the future of Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have be explain your post as it's not clear. What I wrote is pretty simple. He preaches 'absolute free speech' which for a private company, he has a lot of control over that. 'Free speech' is usually talked about when we are talking about the government restricting speech. And we all know there are limits to speech and just because someone can say something, doesn't mean they always should or that there will be no consequences. He has every right to tell Disney to go away and Disney has every right to advertise someplace else.

And he took a company that he overpaid $44 billion for and now it's worth around $19 billion by one estimate. So you're right, more than $19 billion wasted there. And the company has lost 80% of its advertisers. So an improvement you'd say? Take a few seconds to think through your answer.
That's OK, 50% of American doesn't want to hear from those advertisers anyway. Trying to bribe him with advertising dollars, I would tell them to F off too..

That's OK, 50% of American doesn't want to hear from those advertisers anyway. Trying to bribe him with advertising dollars, I would tell them to F off too..
50% of Americans don't watch Disney films/show...etc? Could be but not the 50% you're thinking about. Pretty sure Disney films and products cross party lines.

And it's not a bribe. You really need to look at that word in a dictionary. No one is forced to advertise on a platform. If a company determines the abhorrent content on a social media site is detrimental to their brand, they have every right to pull advertising.

Reactions: evo9rs
1) It's public information
2) It tracked his plane and any other plane with public information, not him personally.

You think banning journalists from his platform who are critical of him or his companies (not flight tracker since you have an issue with that) is promoting free speech?
Consider actually Reading the article you presented. They (journalist) Did repost the Doxxing which Is wrong and Dangerous. To the point of someone attacking his car with his son inside. Tracking Anyone and sharing there whereabouts is ignorant a hate crime.

Consider actually Reading the article you presented. They (journalist) Did repost the Doxxing which Is wrong and Dangerous. To the point of someone attacking his car with his son inside. Tracking Anyone and sharing their whereabouts is ignorant a hate crime.
Funny how you seem to agree that absolute free speech is a bad idea, but aren’t getting the irony here.

Reactions: dsm363
Consider actually Reading the article you presented. They (journalist) Did repost the Doxxing which Is wrong and Dangerous. To the point of someone attacking his car with his son inside. Tracking Anyone and sharing there whereabouts is ignorant a hate crime.
It's pubic information which is not found only on that one banned account. Public information as in public. Get it? And I read the article. Nothing in it that verifies the banned Twitter account was the source. What part of public do you not understand? If you want to ban all flight tracking then sure, go for it. But for someone to cry about free speech for all and then to ban someone sharing public information is a little much. They are tracking the plane, not the person so please point to the law making that a crime.

So

"How are Private Planes Tracked?
There are dozens of government and private sources of data including the air traffic control and the private networks of ADS-B and Mode S receivers that track ADS-B or aircraft equipped with Mode S that will help us to keep you up to date of aircraft movements and positioning."

And from the article you said I didn't read:
"The ElonJet account in the links he objected to automatically shares publicly available information on the flight path for Musk’s private jet. (It does not list the passenger manifest.)"

Last edited:
Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 10.32.43 PM.png

Since you understand this better than I do, how is posting public information about a known plane tail number (not the passenger manifest) revealing private or identifying information? And how is this a hate crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.