Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor Trend Tests Tesla's V3 SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I don’t think was accurate was the statement that if someone plugs in next to you, your charge rate can drop by half at v2 chargers. I assume they work the same as v1 chargers that share and that the second car will get the power not being consumed by the first car, up to 120 kW, but the power delivered to the first car is unchanged.

One thing I don’t think was accurate was the statement that if someone plugs in next to you, your charge rate can drop by half at v2 chargers. I assume they work the same as v1 chargers that share and that the second car will get the power not being consumed by the first car, up to 120 kW, but the power delivered to the first car is unchanged.

That's not quite right for v2 chargers. V2 chargers have 4 internal "chargers." The first car gets up to all 4. The second car gets at least one. So if car 1 plugs in and is getting 120 kW and car 2 plugs in, car 1 drops to 90 kW and car 2 gets 30. These are rough numbers as the newer 150 kW chargers can provide a bit more juice. Car 2 doesn't get more than 30 kW until car 1 drops to 60 kW or less.