Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA) Financing Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery is scheduled for 9/8/2018 and my MVPA recently became available on my Tesla account. I selected Tesla financing when I originally configured in order to see what rate Tesla could offer. A couple weeks ago I decided not to finance through Tesla since I was able to find a better rate elsewhere and changed my financing selection on my Tesla account. However, the MVPA still lists Tesla's financing rate and information on the document. I have reached out to my IDA to ask if this needs to be changed with no response yet.

Has anyone gone through a similar scenario and did your MVPA have to be updated prior to delivery?

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
Update: I had to call the Tesla customer service # to get an answer. Long story short - my IDA has been out of the office for the past couple weeks so that explains why I wasn't getting a response. The Tesla customer service unlocked my account so I could go back into my online account and change the financing option to cash. This allowed for them to redo the MVPA and update it to not list anyone as a lien holder since I am using an unsecured loan. Basically, it is treated the same as a cash purchase. This was all resolved within 1 day once I spoke to a person on the phone. Hope this helps in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation.