Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mounting height for Gateway 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

slcasner

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2011
Sunnyvale, CA
I've seen threads here about mounting height for Powerwalls and the Powerwall Installation Manual specifies mounting height and clearance requirements for the Powerwall. But I have not found a spec for mounting height of the Gateway. The following diagram and image from Tesla's web pages seem inconsistent. Is the maximum height determined by the requirement to not have the highest circuit breaker, and perhaps the reset button, above 6'7"?
powerwall-system-design-comparison.jpg powerwall-installation-layout.png

But I have not found a spec for mounting height of the Gateway. The following diagram and image from Tesla's web pages seem inconsistent. Is the maximum height determined by the requirement to not have the highest circuit breaker, and perhaps the reset button, above 6'7"?
If using the internal panelboard, or the internal main breaker (service entrace), then that restriction certainly applies. If there are no breakers in the Gateway (a rarer configuration for Gateway 2 than for Gateway 1), it could be higher.

Cheers, Wayne