TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Moving reservation to Holland for earlier delivery?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by sali_man1, May 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sali_man1

sali_man1 New Member

Can anyone advise if it is a good idea to move reservation to Holland for LHD (it doesn't bother me) and after registering in UK?
    Will I have to pay VAT twice? Will this affect the incentives?
    Thanks

2. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

What would be the result of doing that? Would you imagine for all your hassle it'd be that much earlier?

3. sali_man1

sali_man1 New Member

hard to say, as I don't know when UK stock will be ready, but if it's another 6 months after Europe, I think is something to consider.

4. melindav

melindav ☰ reserved

can you register a LHD car designed for the Netherlands in the UK?
    are there modifications you need to have done prior? (only going off being here in NA, canadians are not able to import and register a US car without the manufacturer modifying it - which Tesla will not currently do for US->CA imports not purchased thru Tesla Canada)
    how many LHD cars are around and how much of a pain will that be? (drive-up windows, taking a parking lot stub when entering a garage, etc)

Personally, I don't think it would be worth it, unless you are planning to move to a LHD area at some point in the near future.

5. Jayc

Jayc Member

If there is a 6 month delay from Holland to UK, think of the additional bugs and issues they will have fixed when UK gets it :)

6. Candleflame

Candleflame Member

not a problem at all due to EU law, but the insurances will charge you more... given the fact that car insurance is already horrendously expensive in the UK this may actually be a reason to wait unless you are old and crumbly.

LHD will be nicer for the touch screen and driving a LHD in the UK is not a problem at all. Parking is if anything easier. If you could choose between a LHD and RHD Tesla in the UK i'd pick the LHD every time.