Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving reservation to Holland for earlier delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can you register a LHD car designed for the Netherlands in the UK?
are there modifications you need to have done prior? (only going off being here in NA, canadians are not able to import and register a US car without the manufacturer modifying it - which Tesla will not currently do for US->CA imports not purchased thru Tesla Canada)
how many LHD cars are around and how much of a pain will that be? (drive-up windows, taking a parking lot stub when entering a garage, etc)

Personally, I don't think it would be worth it, unless you are planning to move to a LHD area at some point in the near future.

can you register a LHD car designed for the Netherlands in the UK?
are there modifications you need to have done prior? (only going off being here in NA, canadians are not able to import and register a US car without the manufacturer modifying it - which Tesla will not currently do for US->CA imports not purchased thru Tesla Canada)
how many LHD cars are around and how much of a pain will that be? (drive-up windows, taking a parking lot stub when entering a garage, etc)

Personally, I don't think it would be worth it, unless you are planning to move to a LHD area at some point in the near future.

not a problem at all due to EU law, but the insurances will charge you more... given the fact that car insurance is already horrendously expensive in the UK this may actually be a reason to wait unless you are old and crumbly.

LHD will be nicer for the touch screen and driving a LHD in the UK is not a problem at all. Parking is if anything easier. If you could choose between a LHD and RHD Tesla in the UK i'd pick the LHD every time.