Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving to Cairns what to do with the Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need some advice, I could be moving permanently from Melbourne to Cairns for work, the final decision needs to be made in the next couple of weeks but being made more difficult because I don't know what to do about my Tesla Model 3 LR.

My main concern isn't so much getting it to Cairns, it is more around what happens if it breaks down or needs warranty jobs.

Is there anyone on here that lives in FNQ that has experience with this. I'm assuming it would need to be transported to Brisbane or Gold Coast at owners cost if it couldn't be driven which I would guess is thousands of dollars.

A mate of mine in Port Douglas drives Uber in an old pre-Raven Model S. There's a Tesla tech in Townsville who schedules visits to Cairns, generally when a few folks need stuff done. He's even batched a few jobs together in Port Douglas once, whereas my mate volunteers to meet in Cairns.

Back in the day I believe that anything involving lifting the car was done at a bus depot in Cairns. Not sure if that's still the case. But that's usually unnecessary, as most stuff is done in your driveway.