TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

MPAN in UK "not sufficient"

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by nowtleft, Sep 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

"the network still has the same issue in that it’s just not of sufficient capacity to support both the existing generation and battery storage”

This is what I was told by an official Tesla PW2 installer - why and what does it mean please?

2. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

It means they are lying to you in order to control you and do bad things to you. Either that, or they are withholding information from you for the same reason, or they are intentionally causing the situation for the same reason. The notion that less energy puts more demand on power lines than more energy is nuts. There may be some edge case technical issues they're intentionally causing that are exceptions. The fact they give you a vague answer should be all the information you need to realize they're lying in order to hurt you.

3. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

...I spoke to Western Power and the form had been filled in wrongly - the company said I wanted to add more solar NOT add a battery - fools!! Correct form now in:)