Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yours looks like a similar drop to mine, so I was just curious.

This is what mine looks like NOW based on 3.5 turns in the front from default and 4.5 turns in the rear:

View attachment 406838

This is how it looked with one full turn on both front and rear from default (that I found too low):

View attachment 406839

That rake was very obvious! So one more turn in rear helps remove that. Thank you

Yours looks like a similar drop to mine, so I was just curious.

This is what mine looks like NOW based on 3.5 turns in the front from default and 4.5 turns in the rear:

View attachment 406838

This is how it looked with one full turn on both front and rear from default (that I found too low):

View attachment 406839

Mine went from this (4 1/2” clearance)
19331F68-68BA-446E-A669-CD41094C2B7C.jpeg

To this (1/2” higher) 5” clearance

166B77BF-3DED-48A0-BA0C-EC77B8AEAE42.jpeg

Thank you, beloved MPP customers, for taking the time to share your experiences with everyone here. We are having trouble keeping the Comforts in stock! They should be back on the shelves in about 2 weeks.

Sasha wants me to remind you that the Sports Coilovers are only slightly firmer when set to full soft, and still quite comfortable!

Reactions: P-Lo801
Mine went from this (4 1/2” clearance)
View attachment 407138
To this (1/2” higher) 5” clearance

View attachment 407140
the after looks way better. before just looks a bit too low for daily driving. was your before picture the recommended ride height? I'm looking at their initial setup instructions and front clearance is about 4.4" at the recommended starting ride height.

Last edited:
the after looks way better. before just looks a bit too low for daily driving. was your before picture the recommended ride height? I'm looking at their initial setup instructions and front clearance is about 4.4" at the recommended starting ride height.

Yeah I was initially a bit shocked at how low it was.

Yes I believe the initial setup was at the MPP suggested height.

The recommended height is just what we thought looks best while still being functional. Up here in Toronto, we have a saying for slammed cars- "California Low". So to be honest, we are surprised to hear folks are finding our recommendation too low! We may have to increase the height a few mm if this is the case.

• Funny
The recommended height is just what we thought looks best while still being functional. Up here in Toronto, we have a saying for slammed cars- "California Low". So to be honest, we are surprised to hear folks are finding our recommendation too low! We may have to increase the height a few mm if this is the case.

I loved the look of one full turn from the recommended height. But, functionally, I scraped going in and out over my driveway every time I wasn't being careful, so I had to drive slowly at an angle, especially when I had two or more sentient beings riding with me. Then, I had to be conscious of how far I parked my car in in parking lots to avoid the parking blocks/curbs. These minor inconveniences were the deal breaker for me despite the nice stance. It took away from the overall driving experience.

Now at approximately 1" lowered height (5" ground clearance from battery), I think this is the perfect compromise of ride height and dealing with the inconveniences mentioned above. I still have to drive slowly and at an angle, but no more scraping and not as slowly nor as deep of an angle. I can also park in parking lots without having to be extra careful of hitting the curb.

Last edited:

please don't alter the recommended height. thanks!

• Funny
Reactions: tracksyde
Hey everyone. I'm posting this as PSA so you can be sure to notify your installers to follow the MPP coilovers instructions closely.

I noticed that my car started making this weird suspension noise a couple of weeks ago whenever I go over speed bumps or other rounded rough/uneven surfaces on the road on low/moderate speed; it's not as pronounced the faster I go, but it's definitely still there. It sounds like it's mainly coming from the front, but it especially gets louder when I have more than just myself riding in the car.

Here is a video/audio recording of it:

and at about the 7-second mark on this video

I contacted MPP about it, and apparently it's due to the front spring rubbing. They noted that there is a section in the instructions noting to make sure the spring is centered during install. According to MPP, it's not harmful or dangerous, just annoying. Per MPP, "it can be fixed by removing the wheel and turning the spring perch down and up 1 turn, or by physically moving the top of the spring to a centered position."

I've rescheduled with my installer to get this fixed so i'll update everyone with any developments.

Hey everyone. I'm posting this as PSA so you can be sure to notify your installers to follow the MPP coilovers instructions closely.

I noticed that my car started making this weird suspension noise a couple of weeks ago whenever I go over speed bumps or other rounded rough/uneven surfaces on the road on low/moderate speed; it's not as pronounced the faster I go, but it's definitely still there. It sounds like it's mainly coming from the front, but it especially gets louder when I have more than just myself riding in the car.

Here is a video/audio recording of it:

and at about the 7-second mark on this video

I contacted MPP about it, and apparently it's due to the front spring rubbing. They noted that there is a section in the instructions noting to make sure the spring is centered during install. According to MPP, it's not harmful or dangerous, just annoying. Per MPP, "it can be fixed by removing the wheel and turning the spring perch down and up 1 turn, or by physically moving the top of the spring to a centered position."

I've rescheduled with my installer to get this fixed so i'll update everyone with any developments.

This exact same problem happened with my MPP coilovers. Jesse from MPP suspected what it was immediately and gave me the same advice to fix. Just got it fixed this week by East Bay Collision in Fremont...