Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MR No Longer Available to Configure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw that the MR has been removed from the available options.

upload_2019-3-17_1-50-19.png

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
I am guessing the reintroduction of LR RWD is what replaced the MR.

Just speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if the $35k model goes away soon and the SR+ just becomes the SR. The SR+ and SR have the same weight on Tesla's site so it is either the same battery pack for both or they were lazy when they created the page (currently, LR RWD and AWD have the same weight listed and hope the RWD doesn't have a front motor software locked).

I am guessing the reintroduction of LR RWD is what replaced the MR.

Just speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if the $35k model goes away soon and the SR+ just becomes the SR. The SR+ and SR have the same weight on Tesla's site so it is either the same battery pack for both or they were lazy when they created the page (currently, LR RWD and AWD have the same weight listed and hope the RWD doesn't have a front motor software locked).

I guarantee the $35k black base 3 is not long for this world.

They only have 2 battery configurations. They then software lock the battery backwards.

No way they keep the standards plus car. That is a crazy amazing price for one. More discounts? Geez i got ripped off buying in January.
Not sure anyone ripped off in January, you got whatever you wanted and were willing to pay for at the time. I received my 3 a year ago and I believe the equivalent car is cheaper today even when considering the tax rebate reduction. Happy to have the car and the excellent driving experience it has provided.

Reactions: Watts 4 Me
For now the SR+ is a great value at $37K when considering the remaining $3,750 federal tax credit. I’m also eligible for a $2,500 CA credit and $1,000 Edison credit so that brings the car down to just under $30K before taxes and doc/dest fees.

The question I still have is what will the demand be for these cars when the federal tax credit for Tesla goes away completely, but other manufacturers who are just getting into the EV market will have the full $7,500 tax credit to offer their customers? Only time will tell how this will play out, but Tesla is going to have to compete aggressively on price once the tax credit for Tesla vehicles expires and others just begin to take advantage of it.

Reactions: adaptabl
I like to get deals on everything I buy so when the priced dropped $4k a few weeks after I got mine, I was annoyed. If it was 6 months I wouldn’t have cared. Now Tesla is selling midrange cars as sr+ and giving free paint upgrades and discounts too. They seem desperate for cash to being selling cars at cost.

For now the SR+ is a great value at $37K when considering the remaining $3,750 federal tax credit. I’m also eligible for a $2,500 CA credit and $1,000 Edison credit so that brings the car down to just under $30K before taxes and doc/dest fees.

The question I still have is what will the demand be for these cars when the federal tax credit for Tesla goes away completely, but other manufacturers who are just getting into the EV market will have the full $7,500 tax credit to offer their customers? Only time will tell how this will play out, but Tesla is going to have to compete aggressively on price once the tax credit for Tesla vehicles expires and others just begin to take advantage of it.
The leaf sl will be close to $45k and the bolt is $44k in premium. Even with the tax credit gone, Tesla is competitive and the other manufacturers are going to lose it soon anyway. If Tesla can figure out cost cutting to make the $35k standard profitable then no other brand can compete at this point. Tesla’s problem is how crazy they act sometimes and it scares customers away.