Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS Blue/White Waiting Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I thought I'd kick this off in case there are any other Blue/Whites refreshing 27 times/day like I am.
I've held steady at 12/3 - 12/31 for about 6 weeks now.
NJ, RN 1149, ordered May 2021, added FSD about a month later (2/3 because I want it, 1/3 because I thought I might get the car quicker). 19" wheels.
At this point, I "require" a 2022, my Tesla lease offer long ago expired and I decided to buy. I also "require" all season tires, which I understand are not a problem at this point (may have to be put on at the SC)
My SA is a GREAT guy, but has honestly stated a couple of times to me that he doesn't really get any info beyond what I can see on my screen.
Anyone want to join this thread and keep me company/commiserate?

I don't have a dog in this race, but if I were ordering a MS/Plaid, it would be Blue/White. Good luck!
lol - thanks! I think the blue is the prettiest color, but truthfully, I vacillate among all the colors! The blue was the first image I saw of the refresh, and I liked my neighbor's M3 in blue.
I test drove a Y in MSM and came close to that.
Regardless, I'm not hearing of folks getting VINs for the blue ones these days, so not sure if the factory is only building black, or MSM, or white, or whatever. Regardless, it will likely be at least a 5 day lag I believe from when they start, or finally start blue production, until they assign any VINs for same.
They may of course assign VINs for older blue stock, but I'm jonesing for the 2022s...

i'll join - Gary i sent you a PM. In central jersey as well. Blue/white no FSD 22 ordered 10/28/21

Reservation Number RN11594

Estimated Delivery: December 13 - December 27
Welcome and thanks for keeping me company! My neighbor ordered a non blue non white interior msm plaid, and got it in november, after waiting a whole 3 weeks.
I have to be doing something wrong here... :)

@Dknj23 and @martin90 have just helped "validate" my data points (or we'll all get pushed back!) - I'm 12/3 - 12/31, and particularly dknj23 because of the two week window, and martin, help show the potential for a production run of the blues (if they haven't started already) - @Ketorolac already has an MF vin showing the car was built already.
doing my usual shipping math, with about 3 weeks to come from the west coast (for my purposes NJ and Maryland are pretty close, at least from Fremont) I wouldn't be surprised if the cars shipped on the same train.
When I was tracking BMWs, there were only I think 2 significant car carriers so you could determine which was in port and which carrier your car was on (and i'd track that way) but with Tesla, and with trains, i don't know if there's a train a day, a week, etc.
Regardless, to hit the 12/3 or 12/7 earliest windows, the cars would have had to have been produced and pretty much shipped out.
and if that happened, i'd imagine the EDD range to tighten for me and martin.
Meanwhile, dk already has a shorter windows, so that tells me that Dk was already soft matched with a VIN to arrive any day, and if that is so, then hopefully mine and martin's won't be far behind.
I'm actually far happier that I saw your posts than before, so thank you!
(of course if the 3 of us get pushed back, well, there goes that brief bit of joy joy!)
Good luck all!

@Dknj23 and @martin90 have just helped "validate" my data points (or we'll all get pushed back!) - I'm 12/3 - 12/31, and particularly dknj23 because of the two week window, and martin, help show the potential for a production run of the blues (if they haven't started already) - @Ketorolac already has an MF vin showing the car was built already.
doing my usual shipping math, with about 3 weeks to come from the west coast (for my purposes NJ and Maryland are pretty close, at least from Fremont) I wouldn't be surprised if the cars shipped on the same train.
When I was tracking BMWs, there were only I think 2 significant car carriers so you could determine which was in port and which carrier your car was on (and i'd track that way) but with Tesla, and with trains, i don't know if there's a train a day, a week, etc.
Regardless, to hit the 12/3 or 12/7 earliest windows, the cars would have had to have been produced and pretty much shipped out.
and if that happened, i'd imagine the EDD range to tighten for me and martin.
Meanwhile, dk already has a shorter windows, so that tells me that Dk was already soft matched with a VIN to arrive any day, and if that is so, then hopefully mine and martin's won't be far behind.
I'm actually far happier that I saw your posts than before, so thank you!
(of course if the 3 of us get pushed back, well, there goes that brief bit of joy joy!)
Good luck all!
Interesting analysis. Would not be surprised if DK gets his before ours...because our orders went through before the ~$15k price increase (though that's purely speculation). My order was placed early May. I changed the wheels from 21in to 19in in early July after it became apparent that the 21in wheels were unlikely to accommodate all season tires. Question, though, if they were on a train already...wouldn't we be assigned VINs?

Reactions: IamGaryGnu
Interesting analysis. Would not be surprised if DK gets his before ours...because our orders went through before the ~$15k price increase (though that's purely speculation). My order was placed early May. I changed the wheels from 21in to 19in in early July after it became apparent that the 21in wheels were unlikely to accommodate all season tires. Question, though, if they were on a train already...wouldn't we be assigned VINs?
I agree. If no VINs or shrinking EDD then I don’t think we were soft matched (Yet).
I’m seeing black VINs and possibly MSM.
i don’t know if the blue run is underway.
bummer. Still hopeful though. I’ll wager they’re cranking out as quickly as they physically can, but if there are parts shortages, well that won’t help…

Just ordered a blue/white long range. I’m in for a long wait😩
The Long Range doesn't reference how many miles the car can go, it references how long you have to wait!
Actually, I THINK it is now just the Model S versus MSLR - but it's Tesla, so who knows?
You may also have a range for your EDD to be far out, and who knows, if they can ramp up production, procure supplies, etc. it may get to you sooner!
Good luck, and I'm sure you'll have plenty of company!

Reactions: Nealw98