Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS Front Passenger Interior Door Panel Becoming Detached

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The front passenger door panel has somehow become partly detached on my Model S. Has anyone else had this happen before?

It was brought to my attention by a passenger today, right before they got into the car. I know for sure it hasn't always been like this.

The only way I can imagine this happening is if someone pulled the door shut extremely hard. But I rarely ever have passengers in my car, and I don't recall anyone ever doing that (assuming it would be noticeable). Are there any other reasons that might cause this?

0-interior-door-panel-1.jpg
0-interior-door-panel-2.jpg 0-interior-door-panel-3.jpg

Same thing happening to me! 2016 Model S. Just noticed today, I can push it together but it doesn’t give that satisfying snap. Just one set of the door and it pops out again! Boo!

I’m out of warranty, will try to fix myself but a little hesitant I might do more harm than good. I wonder if anyone can share their experience or photos.

Attachments

• 077569F8-E87E-4209-AE88-15BECC9E7DFE.jpeg
    077569F8-E87E-4209-AE88-15BECC9E7DFE.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 96C402DF-753D-4393-BA1A-981423840E08.jpeg
    96C402DF-753D-4393-BA1A-981423840E08.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 119
Same thing happening to me! 2016 Model S. Just noticed today, I can push it together but it doesn’t give that satisfying snap. Just one set of the door and it pops out again! Boo!

I’m out of warranty, will try to fix myself but a little hesitant I might do more harm than good. I wonder if anyone can share their experience or photos.

If you Google tesla clips, a post on TMC will come up that tells you what kinds of clips you need. Order them, then there is a youtube video on how to remove the door panel. Replace the clips and it’s done.

I’ve disassembled half of the interior in my car and put it back together, it’s actually so easy.