Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS LR Insurance with multiple teenager drivers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Philekins

MS LR MSM / Black 19” ordered 4/3 RN1147 - Chicago
Apr 6, 2021
Wisconsin
Hi,
So I have a MS LR on order and will hopefully appear before the end of the year.

currently I have one teenager on my policy and got quotes based on that.
My question is that I have 3 male teenagers that could all be with licenses by this time next year.
While I will NOT be allowing them behind the wheel of the S I imagine my insurance company won’t care.

I have home/multi-car/balloon policy so lots of discounts

my current ins (west bend) will allow me to tie them to specific cars as their “main” driver so I will have them all tied to other vehicles..
but.. has anyone found a better/cheaper option ? Separate policy’s ?

thxs

You can try separate policies, but you'd have to lie to a (different) insurance company as to who is in your household. I wouldn't recommend it.

The insurance co doesn't care that you'd never let them drive your MS LR. What if there's an emergency and they need to drive you to the ER? Or what if you're just a big 'ol softy and only say you're not going to let them drive it, but you eventually give in?

Before we got married, my wife had two teenage drivers on her policy, and I had my own separate policy (with at one point, my Tesla, Delorean, and BMW M5, but with only one driver, my insurance was pretty reasonable). When we got married and combined houses, I just kept my own policy as did she, even though we were living in the same house. If we had combined policies, the insurance company would have assigned the most expensive cars to the youngest drivers, and would have been very expensive. But now we moved again, and her kids are older and off her policy, so we now have a single policy for our three cars.

Reactions: morbidz
Your insurance company might allow you to sign an named exclusion affidavit or something similar certifying that they won’t drive the car. That should lower your rate but if they end up driving it and something happens, your rates will explode if you don’t get dropped from them first.

Reactions: HankLloydRight