Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance difference LR vs PLAID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well in 30+ years of driving, no tickets no accidents. All I said jokingly was I wouldn’t want someone watching my driving.

Your response was to be a complete delta bravo, and make a bunch of assumptions about someone you know nothing about.

I feel sorry for you bud. You need help.

Maybe once you get help you’ll make some friends. But first you need to can that “holier and smarter than though attitude.”

Bye bye now. Blocked.

Last edited:
USAA more than doubled my rate on my MXP earlier this year from $1200 ($1000 deductibles on both comp and collision) to $2500. No accidents and haven't even been pulled over in 25 years. 38 years as a licensed driver. They claimed the reason was cost to repair had skyrocketed over the previous year yet the only sources of aggregated repair costs I could find for the X had shown a decrease in insurance repair costs.

USAA more than doubled my rate on my MXP earlier this year from $1200 ($1000 deductibles on both comp and collision) to $2500. No accidents and haven't even been pulled over in 25 years. 38 years as a licensed driver. They claimed the reason was cost to repair had skyrocketed over the previous year yet the only sources of aggregated repair costs I could find for the X had shown a decrease in insurance repair costs.
Same scenario for me earlier this year with Farmers for my M3 and MY. That prompted me to switch to Tesla ins.

Searching, and found this thread as the most recent one that was discussing LR vs Plaid insurance comparison examples.

I'm in NC. So, Tesla insurance is not an option.

I currently have State Farm with 2 vehicles (was 4). 59 years old (dang).

My current auto policy coverage (vanilla coverage) is as follows (and assuming keeping the same coverage on X),

a) Liability Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000
b) Property Damage 100,000
c) Other Than Collision
d) 250 Deductible Collision
e) Uninsured/Underinsured:
Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000
Property Damage 100,000

So, called today to get comparison between the X LR and Plaid, and this is what i got between these 2 VINs (both are 2024 model years from window stickers)

LR: $630/6 mos, $105/mo
Plaid: $862.61/6 mos, $143.77/mo

Good lord, i pay $657.59/6 mos on current 2 vehicles (granted one is 2002 Honda Odyssey, the other is BMW 2019 X3 2019 M40i).

X's premium accounts for "both" of the cars... :(

Searching online, seem like above State Farm Insurance "quotes" to insure LR and Plaid (no, i'm not buying both) fall in the national average (???), but then again, there are many, many, many factors that go into cost to insurance cars.

I guess i'm more interested to hear from fellow drivers in North Carolina, what they are paying to insure X LR and Plaid, just as a "general" comparisons.

Anyone from North Carolina can chime in?

Thanks.

Searching, and found this thread as the most recent one that was discussing LR vs Plaid insurance comparison examples.

I'm in NC. So, Tesla insurance is not an option.

I currently have State Farm with 2 vehicles (was 4). 59 years old (dang).

My current auto policy coverage (vanilla coverage) is as follows (and assuming keeping the same coverage on X),

a) Liability Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000
b) Property Damage 100,000
c) Other Than Collision
d) 250 Deductible Collision
e) Uninsured/Underinsured:
Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000
Property Damage 100,000

So, called today to get comparison between the X LR and Plaid, and this is what i got between these 2 VINs (both are 2024 model years from window stickers)

LR: $630/6 mos, $105/mo
Plaid: $862.61/6 mos, $143.77/mo

Good lord, i pay $657.59/6 mos on current 2 vehicles (granted one is 2002 Honda Odyssey, the other is BMW 2019 X3 2019 M40i).

X's premium accounts for "both" of the cars... :(

Searching online, seem like above State Farm Insurance "quotes" to insure LR and Plaid (no, i'm not buying both) fall in the national average (???), but then again, there are many, many, many factors that go into cost to insurance cars.

I guess i'm more interested to hear from fellow drivers in North Carolina, what they are paying to insure X LR and Plaid, just as a "general" comparisons.

Anyone from North Carolina can chime in?

Thanks.

Get a quote from Progressive. My insurance for my ‘24 Plaid X is about the same as it was for my ‘22 PY. I’m 70 yo with a clean driving record.