Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS P85D wheel spacers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am about to buy a 2016 P90D and want to fit a set of 22 inch wheels I have from my previous car. With 15mm wheel stud adapters (5x120 to 5x114,3) the 9x22 wheels would protrude 23mm more outward compared to the stock 8,5x20 wheels.

I intend to to use 235/30R22 front tires and 265/30 rear tires, which I also still have lying around.
These tires are the same diameter as the 245/40R20 and 265/40R20 tires, which I believe are a stock fitment?

Would this result in rubbing on the arches?

I know comfort and range will suffer with the 22-inch wheels, but these Niche wheels I have are just too nice not to use.

BTW The car is not lowered and has air suspension.

Without knowing your factory offset, that does sound about right for pretty flush fitment in the front. You won’t need as much in the rear.

But fyi, flush with the fender in the front with 22s means you’ll rub.

Also Load rating on 235/30/22 is going to be a little low for the weight of the car, just be aware of that.

the rear studs definitely were touching the inner pocket of my turbines. They left a small circular mark inside each pocket.

similar to the attached pic. (Not my pic)
the pockets of the 19s were way too shallow and didn’t fit.
Interesting photo... the circular marks look like they are cast with a smooth center, not due to the studs touching the wheel.

1649810123376.png

Reactions: The Duke