Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#17) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered EV Tax Credit 2.0, Model Y & 3 Gangbuster Sales, Low Model X Demand, and California FSD Drama.

MS P90D humming/drone sound when cornering at highway speed.

Like the title says. I’m having an irritating sound/vibration when I’m driving and cornering to the right. The faster I drive, the louder and more noticeable the sound is. There’s no noise driving straight and no noise when cornering to the left. But when I’m on the highway, and go around a right curve, it’s noticeable. The sound is accompanied by a slight vibration that is also stronger when faster. Most passengers don’t notice it but it’s very noticeable to me. Any ideas what this is? My car is a 2015.

amerimark

2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Curator
Oct 6, 2018
Lawrenceville, GA
Like the title says. I’m having an irritating sound/vibration when I’m driving and cornering to the right. The faster I drive, the louder and more noticeable the sound is. There’s no noise driving straight and no noise when cornering to the left. But when I’m on the highway, and go around a right curve, it’s noticeable. The sound is accompanied by a slight vibration that is also stronger when faster. Most passengers don’t notice it but it’s very noticeable to me. Any ideas what this is? My car is a 2015.
Did you ever get this resolved? I think I have the exact same issue with my M3P, because you described it perfectly.

Aggmeister2010

Dec 26, 2018
TX
I'm 90% certain you have a bad wheel bearing. If you don't feel like dealing with the service center, This is the OEM branded part:

It's not a terribly difficult job to replace yourself if you're comfortable wrenching, or pretty much any independent shop should be able to do it for you in about 2 hours of labor. especially if you print out the service manual pages for them.

• Helpful
Reactions: amerimark

amerimark

2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Curator
Oct 6, 2018
Lawrenceville, GA
I'm 90% certain you have a bad wheel bearing. If you don't feel like dealing with the service center, This is the OEM branded part:

It's not a terribly difficult job to replace yourself if you're comfortable wrenching, or pretty much any independent shop should be able to do it for you in about 2 hours of labor. especially if you print out the service manual pages for them.
I believe you’re right. I looked up the issue on YouTube (
), and I found a great video that seems to replicate what I’m experiencing.

Thank you so much. It’s nice to finally have a possible solution.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC