Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS P90D humming/drone sound when cornering at highway speed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like the title says. I’m having an irritating sound/vibration when I’m driving and cornering to the right. The faster I drive, the louder and more noticeable the sound is. There’s no noise driving straight and no noise when cornering to the left. But when I’m on the highway, and go around a right curve, it’s noticeable. The sound is accompanied by a slight vibration that is also stronger when faster. Most passengers don’t notice it but it’s very noticeable to me. Any ideas what this is? My car is a 2015.

Like the title says. I’m having an irritating sound/vibration when I’m driving and cornering to the right. The faster I drive, the louder and more noticeable the sound is. There’s no noise driving straight and no noise when cornering to the left. But when I’m on the highway, and go around a right curve, it’s noticeable. The sound is accompanied by a slight vibration that is also stronger when faster. Most passengers don’t notice it but it’s very noticeable to me. Any ideas what this is? My car is a 2015.
Did you ever get this resolved? I think I have the exact same issue with my M3P, because you described it perfectly.

I'm 90% certain you have a bad wheel bearing. If you don't feel like dealing with the service center, This is the OEM branded part:

It's not a terribly difficult job to replace yourself if you're comfortable wrenching, or pretty much any independent shop should be able to do it for you in about 2 hours of labor. especially if you print out the service manual pages for them.

• Helpful
Reactions: amerimark
I'm 90% certain you have a bad wheel bearing. If you don't feel like dealing with the service center, This is the OEM branded part:

It's not a terribly difficult job to replace yourself if you're comfortable wrenching, or pretty much any independent shop should be able to do it for you in about 2 hours of labor. especially if you print out the service manual pages for them.
I believe you’re right. I looked up the issue on YouTube (
), and I found a great video that seems to replicate what I’m experiencing.

Thank you so much. It’s nice to finally have a possible solution.