Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MSM vs. Black tail lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keeping a car clean requires work no matter the color. Dirt is dirt. You can wax, seal, ceramic coat a car to help.
The big diff between dark and lighter cars is how much work it is to maintain the clear coat as marring and spider webs show up much easier on dark paint. In that regard, yes, MSM doesn’t show paint defects nearly as much as black.
As for the tail lights, that’s just simple vinyl tint.

Reactions: VegarHenriksen
Smoked taillight FTW! This is the darkest STEK dyno smoke film.

Jkvw0VI.jpeg

Reactions: Doanster1
Smoked tail lights are the stupidest thing ever. I got into an accident once where i rear ended a guy and because his dumbass had smoked tail lights i couldn't see them thus causing the accident, and i was found to be not at fault for the crash because of this.

Also my car is the dark grey metallic whatever color tesla is calling it now and its a much crisper color than plain black. Cleaning it isn't bad even when its super dusty its barely noticeable till the dust gets swiped off in one spot then its time to wash/wax.

Dark tinting your taillights is the 2nd dumbest thing people do, behind tinting their headlights. You should also check your local laws as there are typically minimum distances that your taillights and brake lights must be visible from. I had a light smoke vinyl wrap on my Audi taillights that met CA regs, but I would never tint them dark.

The saying is a white car is a lazy man's car and a black car is a gentleman's car. White is the easiest to keep clean because the color hides paint imperfections like swirl marks, scratches and hard water spots. If you see a clean black car you know it's well taken care of as any paint imperfections will be seen. A clean black car is beautiful, having said that I will never own another as it takes too much time to maintain.

That’s is dark indeed! Strict front window tint laws outside of the US I see. :)
Nothing allowed on the fronts at all, but I have 35% ceramic 🤫 Just looked like no film due to how bright it was outside

The taillights on the S are bright LEDs so this high quality professional film still let's through most of the light and there is absolutely no problem seeing the car. It is scarier when people drive with lights set to auto and the rears aren't on at all - which is why I always have mine on. To gather even more hate I also have the fronts tinted with the same film and I somehow still get complaints that they are too bright/sharp.

jFhaTAd.jpg

sFxigku.jpg

Reactions: loomstate
Nothing allowed on the fronts at all, but I have 35% ceramic 🤫 Just looked like no film due to how bright it was outside

The taillights on the S are bright LEDs so this high quality professional film still let's through most of the light and there is absolutely no problem seeing the car. It is scarier when people drive with lights set to auto and the rears aren't on at all - which is why I always have mine on. To gather even more hate I also have the fronts tinted with the same film and I somehow still get complaints that they are too bright/sharp.

jFhaTAd.jpg

sFxigku.jpg
Oh oh. 😀 Get your Nomex suit on. 🔥