Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MSR Houston now has a private HPWC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is meant as temporary, I'm working to get the track owners to get a Destination charger or two in, but it is 11.5kW.

The gear in mine (don't tell my wife our HPWC is there! :p ) but the electrical service isn't mine and I haven't talked to them yet about others using it as I wasn't sure if anyone was interested in doing so ahead of the Destination chargers getting put in. If anyone has use of this please let me know and I'll talk to the garage's owner about what can be worked out.

I will say it was awesome to have, with Richmond SC being about 37mi away. I didn't get going on the track until afternoon noon, missed the first two sessions due to still working on getting the gear installed. However after that it rocked. I was able to run three mostly-complete sessions without ever dropping to 50% SOC. Best if you hit your session on the hour then skip a session and get the one after. That gives you about 1.5hr between to charge, which is about +20% SOC. Best part is I did the math and I should be able to charge to 100% overnight then drive out in the morning for gate opening and be back to low 90s% in time to start the day with a 10AM session.

Reactions: mociaf9